John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Their data entry mechanism for numerical fields treats a zero at the start of a number as unnecessary. So in my case, living in the USA with a ZIP code of "02906" their system removed the first zero and retained only "2906" -- which is wrong, and might result in a misdirected or undeliverable package.

Customers in Asia complaining of packages returned to sender: this might be your explanation . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that in the email, but I just checked the website and my shipping address is correct there and my zip starts with a 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
My email had some extra zeroes, which I found odd.
This is what my address looked like in the email:

my name, Street with housenumber, 0, City, ZIP-code, 0, 0, NL.

Those zeroes should not be there but on the website they weren't so for now I'm not worried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I saw that in the email, but I just checked the website and my shipping address is correct there and my zip starts with a 0.

I know, I checked the website too and found the same thing, but it's the discrepancy itself that's a concern.

I suspect what's happened is that Ares has imported the information from the website to a spreadsheet or database that's set to treat all numbers as arithmetical values. This is a common default setting in programs like Excel (input "033" and it will automatically change to "33").

If that's correct, everything hinges on whether the shipping labels are going to be created from the online database, which still shows the correct values (in which case the import probably was done only for the purposes of generating the address verification email we all just received); or whether it's the second database/spreadsheet, post-import, that will be used for mailing label generation. If the latter, we have a problem.

I've contacted Ares to report the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Daker
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very fast response from Ares!

Quote:
Thanks Powell

You are right, excel change "02906" to "2906".

Thanks for your help.

We'll solve this problem before to ship

All the best

Leo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
My email had some extra zeroes, which I found odd.
This is what my address looked like in the email:

my name, Street with housenumber, 0, City, ZIP-code, 0, 0, NL.

Those zeroes should not be there but on the website they weren't so for now I'm not worried.

Mine as well...I have the digit '0' in-between my street address and the city, although my address is presented correctly, (without a '0'), on the websight.

I assume it is simply a zero entry for a part in the address 'form' that would include, say, an apartment number, as on many address forms the apartment or unit number is frequently on a separate line from the street address. Not having an entry there might invoke the '0' that we see in this email.

I imagine it will register properly when actual mailing takes place.
*fingers crossed*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too live in a zip code starting with a 0, and also noticed a few extra zeros in my address in the email ARES sent. My shipping address on my ARES account itself is correct, but I did send an email with my concerns to ARES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hope this doesn't screw anything up!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I might just tell UPS that I will pick up my package from their distribution center just to be safe....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed my apartment number is missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp wrote:
Thanks!

I might just tell UPS that I will pick up my package from their distribution center just to be safe....

How does one do such a thing? I may do the same just to be safe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
what email addy did you use to contact them?

dakerjohn wrote:
Very fast response from Ares!

Quote:
Thanks Powell

You are right, excel change "02906" to "2906".

Thanks for your help.

We'll solve this problem before to ship

All the best

Leo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
what email addy did you use to contact them?

The one in the email, where it says: "If you change your address, or if you need any special assistance, please send an e-mail to ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roboman wrote:
VonEpp wrote:
Thanks!

How does one do such a thing? I may do the same just to be safe.

I use UPS My Choice account (free) through UPS website. You "should" receive an email when a package is sent to you when you are a member of My Choice. When you receive the email, go to UPS and change the shipping destination to a nearby UPS location. You can then make travel arrangements to pick up your package there. I suggest a Ford F350 or larger because of the size and heftness....ha ha!

Here is what My Choice offers you:

Quote:
As a UPS My Choice Member, you can make changes to your home deliveries prior to the first delivery attempt. Plus, Members receive delivery alerts and estimated delivery windows, when available, for their packages.

If you weren't home when we attempted to deliver your package, you probably received a UPS InfoNotice®. You can use the UPS InfoNotice to change the delivery of your package. Choose from one of the following options.

Pickup my Package at a UPS Location
Have your package held at a UPS location such as The UPS Store, a UPS Access PointTM location, or a UPS Customer Center.
Deliver my Package to Another Address
Have your package delivered to another address when you will not be home.
Deliver my Package on Another Day
Have your package delivered on another day

You can customize your delivery is you feel that the address is incorrectly listed or if you fear the presence of box thieves.

Just saying....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the "in between" zeros as well and sent them a note about it. I suspect it is an artifact of a transaction between two software programs.

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
I had the "in between" zeros as well and sent them a note about it. I suspect it is an artifact of a transaction between two software programs.

Foob

Yep, that must be it. But if the same artifacts would end up on the actual address labels, that could be problematic.

Which is why I sent an email as well, and got a quick reply from Leonardo: "Solved."

So no worries: they were aware of the problem, and it has already been taken care of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a quick reaction "solved" too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.