11 Posts

Anachrony» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rulebook, Exosuit, and Time Travel Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Delacroix Prolaxus
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Hello, After we got our first game (yes its a blast and take some much space ). We got some question, and we need your help :

=====Section A====
I try to looking for rule book online. I got 3 :

a. Rulebook-update-kisebb.pdf (From Anachrony Website)
b. rulebook-Anachrony-follower-0922.pdf (From BGG download)
c. rulebook_Anachrony-final-small.pdf (From Dropbox - KS Update page)

My question :
1. Which one is the true one I must used?

In "Rulebook-update-kisebb.pdf" Evacuation section page 13, saying : "if the player placed his Path Marker on the first spot, he receives 3 additional Victory Points"

But, in 2 other rule book, I didn't found that words. Other rulebook said that we must put "-3 VP" marker on last player position in evacuation tiles depending on how many players we play.

My question :
2. Which one is the true one? In this case I assume it's -3 VP for last player with no "Extra 3 VP" for first player that put their path marker in evacuation position, am I right?
=================

=====Section B====
We need some help for clarifications :

1. When we power-up exosuits :
a) is there any order you power-up? Or we just can only recruit 3 free (top row), and we can decide if we want get more than 3 by paying 1 energy cores each for bottom row?
b) or we need to pay 3 energy cores to power-up 3 bottom row exosuits first, then we can decide if we want to add more exosuits because its free (top row).

2. If we got 2 power plants with "Move back 2 era", and "Move back 3 era" in fourth era :
a) Can we move back 3 era first, then move 2 era. So In the end, my Focus marker now in "Second Era".
b) Vice versa, and now my focus marker is in "First era".

which one is true?
=================

Thats as far as we can think for now, it maybe updated

Thank you for your response, help, and answers. We really appreciate.

P.s : as always, it may be bad English. sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Question and Need Clarification
scriptx wrote:

My question :
1. Which one is the true one I must used?

b and c are the final version of the rules

scriptx wrote:
In "Rulebook-update-kisebb.pdf" Evacuation section page 13, saying : "if the player placed his Path Marker on the first spot, he receives 3 additional Victory Points"

But, in 2 other rule book, I didn't found that words. Other rulebook said that we must put "-3 VP" marker on last player position in evacuation tiles depending on how many players we play.

My question :
2. Which one is the true one? In this case I assume it's -3 VP for last player with no "Extra 3 VP" for first player that put their path marker in evacuation position, am I right?

I have not received the game myself yet, but the rulebook mentions a -3 VP tile that the last player taking the Evacuation action will receive.
Going last means you can better prepare yourself for the bonus VP you get linked to your Path but with a penalty of 3 VP. Timing is of essence here.

scriptx wrote:
When we power-up exosuits :
a) is there any order you power-up? Or we just can only recruit 3 free (top row), and we can decide if we want get more than 3 by paying 1 energy cores each for bottom row?
b) or we need to pay 3 energy cores to power-up 3 bottom row exosuits first, then we can decide if we want to add more exosuits because its free (top row).

In this phase you simply plan how many exosuits you plan to use: the top 3 ones are for free so makes sense you use these first.
In fact you can do both but b] would be foolish if you just want to use 3 exosuits.

scriptx wrote:
If we got 2 power plants with "Move back 2 era", and "Move back 3 era" in fourth era :
a) Can we move back 3 era first, then move 2 era. So In the end, my Focus marker now in "Second Era".
b) Vice versa, and now my focus marker is in "First era".

which one is true

So we are in era 4.
a] is correct: move 3 eras back to era 1, then move to era 2 [4 - going 2 eras back with the other power plant]. You will end with your focus marker below era 2
b] is correct as well: move first 2 eras back to era 2, then with the other power plant you are allowed to go 3 eras back which will move your focus marker below era 1 [4-3 = 1]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Some Question and Need Clarification
Regarding the power plants the only thing you CAN'T do is:

We are in 6th era, you use your Range 3 to go back to Era 3, then you use your Range 2 to go back to Era 1. This is not legal, as power plants aren't cumulative. But you can travel twice, once between 3-4-5, and once between 4-5 in any order.

Oh and could you please make the thread title descriptive of what you're asking, so others can easily find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delacroix Prolaxus
Indonesia
flag msg tools
Luk Van Baelen wrote:

In this phase you simply plan how many exosuits you plan to use: the top 3 ones are for free so makes sense you use these first.

In fact you can do both but b] would be foolish if you just want to use 3 exosuits.

Yeah, we think that we need to Power-up 3 bottom first (Mandatory), then we can use three top row as an extra option.

Luk Van Baelen wrote:

I have not received the game myself yet, but the rulebook mentions a -3 VP tile that the last player taking the Evacuation action will receive.
Going last means you can better prepare yourself for the bonus VP you get linked to your Path but with a penalty of 3 VP. Timing is of essence here.

Since you said B and C is the correct rule book, then the "Extra 3VP" is not a legal move. Thank you.

David Turczi wrote:

We are in 6th era, you use your Range 3 to go back to Era 3, then you use your Range 2 to go back to Era 1. This is not legal, as power plants aren't cumulative. But you can travel twice, once between 3-4-5, and once between 4-5 in any order.

Oh and could you please make the thread title descriptive of what you're asking, so others can easily find it?

Of course.
Thank you for your Clarification, David. That answers our confusion.

The only time we may pay resource on our warp tile, is when we Time Travel and Entangle the Continuum? For anomaly / Building skills that give action to remove warp tile, we do not spent any resources?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1719756/retrieving-warp-til...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1705319/power-plant-111s-im...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Regarding the power plants the only thing you CAN'T do is:

So just to clarify (for me):
1) The only way to go more than the highest amount printed on your power plants is using a lab?
2) The power plant which lets you go 3 eras back twice is not cumulative (so using your example you could go back from era 6 to era 3 twice (and pay off two warp tiles), not back to era 3 then back to era 1?
3) The end game bonus for furthest time travel is not a straight addition of the strength of your power plants but rather is the number of eras you can travel in a single hit (equivalent to the amount you generate in question 1)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If the Lab effect is to extend the range, yes it can get you back more than the designated power plant.

2) When activating the time travel action, always count it from current era, not era where your focus marker is. So basically if you have 2 power plants that give each <3 and <2 range, it means you can first activate one to travel (not move) back up to 3 or 2 eras back and then activate second power plant to travel back up to 2 or 3 eras back from your current era. In other words, these 2 power plants do not give you the ability to travel back 5 eras.

3) I think this should be accumulative. Got the answer from Viktor (Mindclash Games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The end bonus is the only place in the game when you ADD UP ranges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Regarding exosuit powering-up, those 6 hex spaces work just like those on capital actions; some are better than others, but you choose which ones to use. On the A-side of the player boards, the top 3 are free, the bottom 3 cost a power core each to power up an exosuit. Use whichever hex you have available (but it would be stupid to use those that cost power cores first).
If you look at the B-side of the player boards, this would be even more clear, since every faction has different costs related to the suit hex spaces and having to place them in a predetermined order would cause more unbalance between factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Tuzzi
Italy
Milan
Lombardy
flag msg tools
mbmb
scriptx wrote:

The only time we may pay resource on our warp tile, is when we Time Travel and Entangle the Continuum? For anomaly / Building skills that give action to remove warp tile, we do not spent any resources?

This potentially creates even more confusion as it is written,
"Untangling the continuum" is an endgame phase. It is not what you do every time you time travel (with a power plant or Temporal Tourism superproject). Retrieving a warp tile by paying its associated cost after time traveling is considered part of the time travel action (though still completely optional) and is not called "untangling the continuum" in game terms.

"Untangling the continuum" is what you do only after the game ends, in order to potentially retrieve warp tiles that may still be on the board.

Regarding your final question, you're right: the Anomaly and building "retrieve warp tile" icon, if you pay attention, is different from the "retrieve warp tile" icon on the era tiles and it's the same icon you see on the time travel track token. On the very last page of the rulebook, those two icons are explained being respectively the retrieve warp tile without paying its cost (and without advancing the time travel token) and the retrieve warp token with paying the associated cost.
In the first case (warp tile icon with U-shaped arrow on top right corner), you simply get the tile back and that's it; in the second case (upside-down warp tile with intersecting circular arrow), you retrieve the warp tile only if you pay for its associated resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.