Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Prosperity level and pacing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played about 12 scenarios, and are pushing towards level five but have only seen six prosperity increases. Bad luck or is this on par with what others are seeing?

I think three of those are from scenarios, and the rest are from events or other tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
We've played about 12 scenarios, and are pushing towards level five but have only seen six prosperity increases. Bad luck or is this on par with what others are seeing?

I think three of those are from scenarios, and the rest are from events or other tasks.

Yep, same thing we're seeing. Since the the game is really about the city of Gloomhaven rather than any specific characters, the pacing seems about right to me given the number of scenarios and unlockable character classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Do you mean just 6 boxes marked off, or level 6 prosperity?

If 6 boxes, I don't think that's too far off. If you think you should be going faster, see below.

Question in spoilers. If the answer is "no," I think that's probably the issue.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
have you donated enough gold to open envelope b?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Prosperity level is intended to increase much more slowly than character level. Reaching prosperity 9 should only happen once you're basically at 100% completion.

mournful wrote:
Do you mean just 6 boxes marked off, or level 6 prosperity?

If 6 boxes, I think you're going more slowly than you might need to.

If it's level 6 prosperity, you're going orders of magnitude faster than what's possible. Level 6 is reached at 35 prosperity, which is nowhere near possible from 12 scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I meant six boxes. And responses make sense, I was just curious if we were on pace.

In response to the spoiler, yeah that was one of the increases. I'm just torn on continuing or not as trying to save money for my personal quest and my partner is stingy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
After about 5 scenarios, we had only completed 1 box on the prosperity table.

Envelope B spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
But once we'd donated enough gold to the temple, things changed with opening of envelope B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.