Subject: "Movie Night" Event Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, minor quibble, but still good to set straight IMO.

The card "Movie Night" says to return to the Enemy Reinforcement Pool any regular enemy that enters the terrain this turn.

The question is: if I have an entrance blocked by a crowbar and the above event card in effect, is the regular enemy placed anyhow (since technically it is not entering the terrain) or it gets returned to the pool?
Another way to say it is: are enemies placed on the table next to the terrain actually already entering the terrain or not?

This question also extends to the sniper ability (2A) to take a long range shot to any enemy ON the terrain the sniper is in.

My own anser is that any enemy on the table next to a terrain IS by all practical means in that terrain. The crowbar is only blocking a gate/door of some sort, but the enemy is "committed" to enter at the first chance.

EDIT1 Actually I am not so sure of my rationale anymore (at least for the sniper). When you shoot, you shoot at a TILE (and have to beat the cover it offers), so definately the sniper CANNOT hit a "waiting to enter" enemy.
EDIT2 the rules on page 10 actually indicate that: 1) you cannot interact with enemies on the table (which confirms my Edit1); 2) that they are outside the terrain (the word is used twice on page 10), so it would suggest that they have not entered the terrain and hence the provisions of the event card do not apply.
Ok, I can definately use a clarification on this, since now, if I have 4 regular enemies that enter this turn as a result of defeating the crowbar, would I put them all back in the reserve pool if the event is in play even if I drew only one this turn?
Where's the "scratching head" emoticon?

Thanks for your thoughts and insight.

BTW, really enjoying the game! Great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_viper_ wrote:
Ok, minor quibble, but still good to set straight.

The card "Movie Night" says to return to the Enemy Reinforcement Pool any regular enemy that enters the terrain this turn.

The question is: if I have an entrance blocked by a crowbar and the above event card in effect, is the regular enemy placed anyhow (since technically it is not entering the terrain) or it gets returned to the pool?
Another way to say it is: are enemies placed on the table next to the terrain actually already entering the terrain or not?

This question also extends to the sniper ability (2A) to take a long range shot to any enemy ON the terrain the sniper is in.

My own anser is that any enemy on the table next to a terrain IS by all practical means in that terrain. The crowbar is only blocking a gate/door of some sort, but the enemy is "committed" to enter at the first chance.

Thanks for your thoughts and insight.

BTW, really enjoying the game! Great work!

ANSWER Using the rule to follow the rule wording without having to add exceptions. No

ANSWER Already answered in another context - they have not entered the terrain - No

The Sniper one has also been answered :-

2B The Sniper's special ability targets the trucks and not enemy units that have yet to enter.
2A Is ON the terrain and so excludes the Trucks.

Adherin1 wrote:

Sniper:
11) Can the Sniper shoot from an indoor tile on an outdoor tile with her springfield long range shot? If so, if she shoots from an indoor tile on an adjacient outdoor tile with her springfield long range shot and a spotted token is drawn, is she spotted, if there are still remaining units on the tile?

ThibaudMTL wrote:

11) Sniper can shoot without constraint (distance or type of tile) with her rifle. If she targets an enemy on an adjacent tile and a spotted token is drawn, she is spotted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jerry.

But you missed my last one

Using the wording and making no exceptions (as you correctly suggested):
- I have three regular enemies waiting to enter due to a crow bar blocking the entrance.
- I have the "Movie Night" event card in play
- During the reinforcement phase, I pull another regular enemy for the blocked entrance (imagine no alarm has been triggered) and hence now 4 enemies are entering the terrain because they have enough strength to remove the crow bar.
- Do I remove all of them since they are entering the terrain this turn?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
_viper_ wrote:
Thank you Jerry.

- I have three regular enemies waiting to enter due to a crow bar blocking the entrance.
- During the reinforcement phase, I pull another regular enemy for the blocked entrance (imagine no alarm has been triggered) and hence now 4 enemies are entering the terrain because they have enough strength to remove the crow bar.

Thx!

Your 4 enemy units enter during the Enemy Reinforcement phase so the the effect of the event card applies.
Thanks Jerry for your previous replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_viper_ wrote:
Thank you Jerry.

Thx!

You edited , while I was writing reply , distracted by workwhistle. I didn't read it after posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I have an additional timing question:

In the situation described already:

what is about the "Movie Night" and timing window of the stealth check if a commando is present at the tile?

1. All 4 enemies will be removed from the tile before stealth check take place.
2. All 4 enemies enter the tile, stealth check take place and all 4 enemies will removed to the reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynyrd wrote:
Hi!

I have an additional timing question:

In the situation described already:

what is about the "Movie Night" and timing window of the stealth check if a commando is present at the tile?

1. All 4 enemies will be removed from the tile before stealth check take place.
2. All 4 enemies enter the tile, stealth check take place and all 4 enemies will removed to the reserve.

The answer is 2, this should be clarified in future versions of the game, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy! I always played option 1. That's a big difference for that card indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.