Subject: Applying Armada's CC campaign to IA Skirmish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noa

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently got to join in a Corellian Conflict campaign for Armada and I think this is totally something that could be done for skirmish in IA.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-arm...

IE, players are divided into 2 teams, Rebel and Imperial (with mercs possibly being a wildcard faction playable on either team or even a 3rd team) that build 40 point lists that cannot have any unique deployment overlaps between them and there is a star map that each team can alternate assaulting different planets to try and build bases to generate resources to replenish and add figures to your squad each round. Depending on which planet your assaulting you would draw a random skirmish mission that matches that planet and play it out, meaning players would get to experience the full breadth of the incredible number of skirmish missions the game has to offer. Units that are destroyed in battle become scarred and can be unscarred for half their point cost, or risk being stricken from the list if they are killed while scarred, and unique characters lost this way are banned from the rest of the campaign permanently.

This would also be a great product for FFG to include Skirmish Upgrade fixes for old cards, although most likely this will end up being designed by the community.

An exciting aspect of this is it could be a great way to bridge the gap between campaign players and skirmish players. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Anderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this idea on Reddit, are you the one known as Missile Cat?

I'm thinking of doing this, but have a different idea for the organization that allows for more narrative. I was thinking of mimicking the campaign structure, with story missions and side missions. Each player chooses a "class" at the start, which determines what figures they can buy. Example: The imperial "Brawlers" class would allow for eRoyal Guards but "Heavy Weapons" would have AT-ST's and eE-Web. Rebels could have "Rebel High Command" with Fenn, Gideon, and Rebel troopers or "Rebel Spies" with Saboteurs, Mak, and Jyn. Each side would also be able to add "Open groups" to their class deck for some extra customization.

I have some other ideas as well that i can elaborate on if you wish, but I gtg! Will be adding later!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noa

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not missilecat on reddit, but I found the thread you are talking about . It looks like we basically had the same idea at about the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.