Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gautier
United States
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Honestly this is not an ad or anything just a recent customer experience , i would just like to say Game Surplus and the people who work there are on top of their game, every order i have placed was shipped incredibly fast and the people who work there go above and beyond for their customers. I recently was trying to get a copy of a game i have been looking for quite some time and they kept me posted and updated me along the way as far as restocking is concerned and i'm just overall impressed so i would just like to send some love their way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is my usual go-to but I gave Game Surplus a try recently (Adrenaline & Cry Havoc) and they shipped very quickly. The packaging wasn't very good though. They had a ton of foam in there but none on the bottom, so when UPS dropped the box, my copy of Cry Havoc had split corners. I will note that I did not contact customer service about this issue and just glued the corners back together myself. Not sure if I will give them another shot or not but wanted to let others know about my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered many games from GameSurplus and have never once had an issue. Just placed an order this morning (Railroad Revolution and Lignum). Great people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Walters
United States
Fenton
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm surprised by your experience since it's so opposite my own. The shipments from Game Surplus to me were the best packaged games I've ever received. Heavy cardboard outer box, cardboard spacers in between the games, cardboard spacers between the games and the sides, peanuts/air pillows top & bottom, and a paper wrapper over all.

Yes, they could have added an inner bag, or used a plasticized outer box to prevent moisture, but since the games are in shrinkwrap that shouldn't be an issue (and hasn't been to date).

Like the other commentators I had quick shipping & got a tracking number for followup.

I've never had a problem with an order so I can't comment on their customer service.

So I recommend Game Surplus on the basis of my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bobnabob wrote:
CSI is my usual go-to but I gave Game Surplus a try recently (Adrenaline & Cry Havoc) and they shipped very quickly. The packaging wasn't very good though. They had a ton of foam in there but none on the bottom, so when UPS dropped the box, my copy of Cry Havoc had split corners. I will note that I did not contact customer service about this issue and just glued the corners back together myself. Not sure if I will give them another shot or not but wanted to let others know about my experience.

Tim, sorry for your experience. I strongly encourage you to contact them and let them know; they sincerely want to be informed of any problems so they can improve their service and respond to customer concerns.

I've dealt with them for some years now. They will, as has been noted, often go to great effort to obtain obscure titles; they also special-order many requests I've made, especially in the "wargame" category.

Their prices are almost always the best around, and if they cannot match another seller's special price, they'll tell me so and encourage me to go ahead and get the item while the special price is available.

Altogether, fine people, excellent service and a wide range of items at very competitive prices--and a low "free shipping" threshold too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also never had any issue with their packaging, their packaging has been far above and beyond the other OLGS I've tried.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
steric wrote:
Never heard of the site. I just checked it out (thanks for the note). I'll keep an eye on it, but honestly, from my 4 or 5 searches for things I'm looking for - they were substantially more expensive than asking prices on Amazon (new). Am I missing something?

Which specific games?

I've found their prices are not always the cheapest, but usually not by much - and I'm willing to pay a little more for good customer service, good packaging, and supporting a small business I like (rather than a monolithic company like Amazon that has questionable ethics towards their customers and employees).

Then again, some of their prices are actually the best around.

And for imports, they're definitely the cheapest (if you can even find the game anywhere else).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
steric wrote:
Carcassonne was about 20% more on Game Surplus.
Forbidden Island was a buck or two more expensive on Game Surplus.

I had previously found one or two others that weren't competitive, but I don't remember right now. Not to mention the power of Amazon Prime, which likely shifts difference substantially in favor of Amazon.

I (now) see under browse you can see sales. Thats probably a better place for me to start.

Either way, thanks for putting this site on my radar.

Amazon packaging isn't the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Flora
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them because they deal (or used to at least) import games. I got my copy of Tobago from them a couple years ago. Their packing job was ridiculous (good)! Fine porcelain would have a delivery sadist in that box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.