Subject: Psst- Mr. Trump, you won! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/donald-trump-campaign...

Hmm, someone has to tell Trump that he won the campaign. And if they are speaking about the campaign for 2020, it's a bit premature, no?

Just like Trump though, to use the campaign for 2020 as a tool, to be able to mouth off about current politics to his die-hard fan base. But I wonder, the article claims that his campaign is paying for it, I do hope that means they are paying the costs of the Secret Service, and other trappings that are required around the President. Not that he doesn't have the money, but that can get expensive quickly.

I have to give him credit, this is a savvy approach to keeping in touch with his base, and telling them everything they want to hear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget the whole campaign speak, and come up with an alternative explanation that doesn't demonize anyone. This is mine:

Donald really likes feeling admired and wanted. That was his favorite part of campaigning. Since he's come into office, he has seen very little, if any, positive press, he's seen huge crowds protesting him, incompetence from his advisors, and a lot of leaks showing that there is very little loyalty in his environment. If I was him, I'd be in a pretty foul mood, and would want some reminders that there's a lot of people that still have faith in me.

And how can we do that? With a rally or six.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
I have to give him credit, this is a savvy approach to keeping in touch with his base, and telling them everything they want to hear.

Yes, and "Obama did it, too," hitting the road after his 2012 win to continue to campaign for his policies.

And it's not a bad idea when your approval ratings are low.

It's also important to rally the voters to remind elected Republicans not to cave-in to the Washington Establishment as they are programmed to do.

I see a distinct difference between what Obama did, and what Trump is going to be doing. Obama pushes for his policies during the course of conducting his day to day duties. Trump is setting up a venue, inviting people, and holding the "rally" for the express and sole purpose of discussing his policies, and his future as President. They are not the same. Obama method incurs no, or little additional expense to the American taxpayer. I have no objections to what Trump is doing, as long as the American taxpayer is not foot with the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/15/politics/donald-trump-campaign...

Hmm, someone has to tell Trump that he won the campaign. And if they are speaking about the campaign for 2020, it's a bit premature, no?

Actually one of my biggest criticisms of Obama, despite Drew's claims otherwise, is that he did a terrible job of campaigning after he was elected. That is why the Democrats fared so poorly in the mid term elections.

I have zero issues with the president, even one I dislike as much as Trump, continuing to spend a large portion of their time talking to the voters after the election is over. In my opinion, it is exactly what the president should do. Many of our most famous presidents were well known for how effectively they communicated with the voters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:
I see a distinct difference between what Obama did, and what Trump is going to be doing.

That is to be expected.

And you don't see that difference that I mention, regardless of whether it is expected or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news. We can now invoke the McConnell rule - no SCOTUS confirmations during a presidential campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Good news. We can now invoke the McConnell rule - no SCOTUS confirmations during a presidential campaign!

You Sir, are a genius for thinking of that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:

So, given that it's always campaign season, no new SC justices.

Who is the actuarial pick for last SC justice, the person who would make the President look nothing like the most powerful person? And what happens with no SC justices? Fragmentation of the US with different laws in each appeal court district?

(Yes, I know it's silly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
It's actually the "Biden Rule" going back to 1992.

Thanks for your continued lying on things like this. It givesus guidance on how to treat all your future utterances as well. Great job keep up the good work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Yes, but the Biden rule wasn't enforced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Nevertheless, pretending that this somehow originated with Republicans is "disingenuous."

Claiming that the Biden rule said president would not be able to nominate and have his nominee go through the process is also s lie. Keep it up though you're Two for two
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Peterson
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
schwartz!
badge
My hovercraft is full of eels!
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

It was more what you'd call a "guideline" than an actual rule
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Nevertheless, pretending that this somehow originated with Republicans is "disingenuous."

Remember when Bush I nominated a Supreme Court Justice on March 16th, 1992 and Biden refused to hold hearings? Neither do I... because IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_opinion_polling_...

World polling prior to the election, apparently no one wanted Trump save for one country, give you a guess which one that was?

And what did the world get? Well, that is rather obvious now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKA Halston Thrombeaux
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MungSu wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Really, it was just "one senator talking some shit that nobody acted on". How that gets elevated into a "rule" is beyond me, but there it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MungSu wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You forgot to say "Arrrrrr"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
MungSu wrote:
actuaryesquire wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You forgot to say "Arrrrrr"

Pirates of the Caribbean reference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Earliest campaign rally EVER.

Poor Twump. He wants to be wuvved, and doesn't know why evewybody doesn't just fawn all over him now that he's pwesident.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.