Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen Scenarios that reward an item or 2 at completion. How do we decide who gets those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 49

"If an item is gained as a reward, players should find one copy of that item from the deck of unavailable items and give it to one of the present characters. If an item design is gained as a reward, players should find all copies of that item from the deck of unavailable items and add them to the city’s available supply of items"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Gentzel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the group.

Basically expect people to make cases why they are best to have that item or not, then possibly keep track of who got things more recently. Consider it the same way you decide on road/city events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Montgomery Box
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Work it out amongst yourselves until they're a consensus among the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doyle
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't tried this yet but could you have the character awarded the item buy out the other characters? For example, if you looted a 40 gold item, give the other three players 10 gold each. This could be a thematic way of splitting the loot. However, I think in my group we'll just figure out who it benefits the most and give it to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to play this as a RPG with my group. We work it out to make sure that the item goes to the character that could benefit from it the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdoyle wrote:
I haven't tried this yet but could you have the character awarded the item buy out the other characters? For example, if you looted a 40 gold item, give the other three players 10 gold each. This could be a thematic way of splitting the loot. However, I think in my group we'll just figure out who it benefits the most and give it to them.

Technically you can't give gold to other players, but if you wanted to house rule it, sure. I imagine there are career goals that require someone to have a lot of money and it might make those super easy if everyone just feeds that person their gold.

I would say that you could choose thematically and play a good old fashioned game of dice, a roll-off, or rock-paper-scissors for it (depending on how many people are trying to claim it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eamon Burke
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I recommend a rousing argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3kindsofsalt wrote:
I recommend a rousing argument.

Perhaps involving some table flipping. That would be quite impressive with all of the Gloomhaven components!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll demand trial by combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim MacDow
United Kingdom
Thatcham
Outside US & Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:

Trial by stone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this really an issue, e.g. are there say 2 items and 4 players? If that's the case it doesn't sound very good to me and I'd probably roll away every item and allow gold trading so that you can bribe right after someone got the item by pure luck. at least then all the discussions go away and gold is worth a lot as a backup currency for stuff to come.

TyrelUK wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:

Trial by stone!

Spartacus will get you for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.