Subject: Making my own PnP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please give me a breakdown, or link me to a previous thread that talks about exactly what I need for cards and counters to just play the base game? I'm especially looking at treachery cards or spice cards and what I need for total numbers.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wiles
United States
Oakland
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few things in the files section here that might help:

Ilya's, Strange's and Tragic's - Dune Cards - Ready for PrinterStudio Import - Base Game + All Expantions
or
DuneComplete-V1.1.pdf

In the first, there is an external link that has what seems to be the same things:
http://ttg.lifebits.me/blogs/dune-pnp-files/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, realize there are a plethora of fan made cards which may or may not have been incorporated into whichever PnP files you use. Some are better balanced than others. Be sure to compare what you print to the "Dune Complete" PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Hopwood
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of these pnp builds include cards like residue poison, etc, that aren't part of the base game.

Spice deck (21): 15 spice cards, + 6 shai hulud.

Treachery deck (33): 4 projectiles, 4 shields, 4 poisons, 4 snoopers, 1 lasgun, 3 cheap heroes, 5 worthless, 2 truth trances, 1 weather control, 1 family atomics, 1 hajr, 1 ghola, 2 karama,

Leaders: 5 per faction. (Ignore the Leader 10 cards.)

I had the spice, treachery, leaders, and traitors printed at artscow as playing card decks.

http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=r4lvu62v
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=l5fsvkug

Spice tokens can be as many you as want.

Each faction gets 20 troop tokens (I use painted cubes). The emperor has 5/20 starred tokens, and Fremen has 3/20 starred tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you play with the advanced combat rules (spending spice for support), you'll want a second (identical) spice deck. I'd recommend against that your first game , but a lot of players can't imagine leaving it out.

You can write the Bene Gesserit prediction on paper instead of using cards.

The Atreides Kwisatz Haderach requires tracking the first 7 killed troops and a card/marker for the player to use in battles after that.

You'll need faction markers (one each) to keep track of play order and a turn marker. You'll most likely find an atomics marker helpful to show that the shield wall is blown, but leaving the treachery card near/on the board can suffice.

If your map includes symbols for stronghold bonuses (ornithopters, harvesters, and smugglers), then you don't need the bonus cards that you might have found. If the map doesn't remind you, you'll probably want some kind of card/sheet to do so.

EDIT: And storm movement cards/markers. You need something labeled 1-6 for the Fremen's random draw. Something they can keep secret until the reveal each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Christgau
United States
Joelton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Ilya's various files linked above for my copy. They are just so beautiful that I couldn't resist. I seriously made this due to the look since I do have a french copy of the game already.

Some notes on my PnP build:

The board is a mat, specifically a 2 player card game mat from Inked Gaming. Normally a little expensive, but you can usually get a sale or coupons or something.

The player shields are just color printed on paper, glued (get some Yes! glue) onto a black card/chip board and cut.

The "spice" are glass beads. Those can be found in many places, but I think these I found at Michael's.

Storm marker is a wooden disc from a packet you can get at craft stores. I painted it black, glued on the storm marker inkjet printout and sealed it with matte sealer.

Cards were printed via Printer Studio. I used the best quality linen finish and they are fantastic.

I made two combat wheels big enough to hide cards by getting four wooden discs from the craft store, cutting out a notch to see the number, glued the number dial on the inside and assembled with nuts, bolts and washers (all brass of course).

Originally I was using cubes for the armies, but I ended up printing the circular army tokens onto circular stickers and putting them only round wooden tokens. Don't have a picture of that, but they look great and deal with the BG co-habitation by being dual sided. For the other armies I only put a sticker on one side.

All of it is packed into a nice chest like box and a tube made to look quite ornate for the rolled up mat.

It does end up costing quite a bit, but you will now have a beautiful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bonuses aren't included on Ilya's map, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The symbols are, there's no text to explain them though.

The white plane looking thing marks ornithopters. The orange and blue spice circles mark collection bonuses/harvesters. (I forget which color is which.)

Note too that cities and seitches have different symbols on his map, which I enjoy even though both are strongholds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL MCGUIRE
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes! That is awesome!
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.