Subject: Confused about turn order/phases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"So long, play actor!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused as to how a turn plays out, namely because of the hard limit on the 5 dice. Do the players...

A) Perform all 3 phases in turn? (i.e., Player A does Phase 1, then Phase 2, [then maybe Phase 3], then Player B does Phase 1, then Phase 2, [then maybe Phase 3], etc.)

or

B) Perform each phase in turn order? (i.e., Player A does Phase 1, Player B does Phase 1, Player C does Phase 1, Player A does Phase 2, Player B does Phase 2, etc.)

I'm assuming it's A, because if it was the latter, then Player A could conceivably generate enough Domain dice that the other players wouldn't be able to roll their allotted 1 domain die at the beginning of their Phase 1.

(If it was B, for example, Player A gets their free domain die, then plays two cards to generate him two more dice. Player B gets their domain die, then plays a card to generate them a second one. There are now no more domain dice available and it's now the beginning of Player C's Phase 1, so what would happen then? Do they just not get any resources?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Skinner
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey James,

You are correct in assuming that it would be option A in your post. Players progress through each of the phases of a turn (1. Expansion, 2. Invocation, and 3. Raid as applicable), and then pass the turn to the player on their left. Then, "when all Cultists have been able to play their phases, the round ends and a new one begins" (as seen page 7 of the book).

I hope that helps and you are able to enjoy the game! Be sure to post if you have any other questions.

-Ryan
PGS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Keith
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
"Watch, but do not govern; stop war, but do not wage it; protect, but do not control; and first, survive!" - Cordwainer Smith
badge
"So long, play actor!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ryan! Much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.