Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moet wrote:
No more info on MMP web site… :-(

There was never any information on the MMP website for this game. There is a mention of it on the Consimworld TCS forum.

On the MMP site is the pre-order for Front Toward Enemy, another Vietnam tactical game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
It remains in in the queue, but the North Africa game (Ariete/GGFF) need to get out the door first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Ouimet
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

Weird that I received the following message this morning from the MMP sales service: "I'm sorry but you must have us confused with another company. We are not working on any games that have to do with Vietnam."
Does it mean that the game will be published elsewhere?

PS: I was basing my initial question on this BGG page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/64701/body-count-five-ba...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moet wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Weird that I received the following message this morning from the MMP sales service: "I'm sorry but you must have us confused with another company. We are not working on any games that have to do with Vietnam."
Does it mean that the game will be published elsewhere?

PS: I was basing my initial question on this BGG page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/64701/body-count-five-ba...

There is some confusion there. Let me try to break this down based as best I can based on my understanding.

The game design for Body Count has been submitted to Lee Forester who is the honcho for the TCS games. He manages game submissions and organizes playtesting for them. Now, Body Count has just been submitted but not under any official schedule for pre-order or release. As far as MMP is concerned, the game doesn't exist until Lee presents it to MMP and agrees that the game is viable and worth putting up for pre-order. Right now, the Ariete/GGFF TCS game is in playtesting is the next in line but there is no schedule as to when this will be available for pre-order.

So MMP replying that way may think that you are referring to another Vietnam game and not Front Toward Enemy which is on pre-order but uses a different game system and is fire team scale, not platoon scale as Body Count is.

Therefore Body Count is not dead as a project, it just has not had any movement in some time due to work on Ariete/GGFF and seeing if Body Count will be the next TCS game to be worked on for MMP. Nothing is set at this moment.

MMP may have thought you were referring to '65: Squad-Level Combat in the Jungles of Vietnam which is published by another game company.

The BGG game link is not officially MMP. Games pages in BGG are submitted by users. Users can submit content, corrections, and anything else but this is not officially through MMP (or any other game company).

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Ouimet
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It helps A LOT! Many thanks. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.