Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
In the locking of my RSP Moderation thread it was concluded with the statement that RSP was working as advertised, and I was not complaining about that, my point was that the resulting consequences were worse than the two previous "advertised" moderation methods. Is that not the very definition of a legitimate complaint? Weren't the last two methods abandoned because they had negative consequences as implemented?

I just want to be clear on what this forum is for. Is it for complaining about BGG itself or just the posters who inhabit it? If it isn't meant for discussion of said complaints, shouldn't it just be a mailbox then?

Or is it just that complaints about RSP are not allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In before the lock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you trying to get a block?

You were allowed to make your complaint, and it was rejected.

To reinterate what I said in the other thread, I think Octavian is sick of the whole business, He allowed RSP as a favour and people just (in essence) laughed in his face. He is now sick to the high teeth and is going to put a stop to acts he thinks (rightful) are affecting his business.

He has said what the rules are, and that it is not up for debate. Thus trying to find new ways around his ruling on that (mmmm, remember out little talk about people trying to find new ways to bend the rules?) will only get you a ban for the reason that others have been, being a pain in the nether regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

To reinterate what I said in the other thread, I think Octavian is sick of the whole business, He allowed RSP as a favour and people just (in essence) laughed in his face. He is now sick to the high teeth and is going to put a stop to acts he thinks (rightful) are affecting his business.

He has said what the rules are, and that it is not up for debate. Thus trying to find new ways around his ruling on that (mmmm, remember out little talk about people trying to find new ways to bend the rules?) will only get you a ban for the reason that others have been, being a pain in the nether regions.
I've been very nontoxic about it, why should I be banned? I am interested in why it is the way it is when it causes the situations that have been caused and why there can't be a better way.

If one of the developers of the site claimed that the thumbs down button was here to stay and if you don't like it go somewhere else, don't you think you could at least complain about it in the forum made for complaints? Especially if the thumbs down function was causing pain and suffering?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
I suggest you take Octavian's Suggestion in the locked thread. If you don't like the moderation, don't participate he seemed rather firm on the point
If I stopped participating there would I be able to complain here then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
I suggest you take Octavian's Suggestion in the locked thread. If you don't like the moderation, don't participate he seemed rather firm on the point
If I stopped participating there would I be able to complain here then?

Dun dun dunnnnnn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

I've been very nontoxic about it, why should I be banned? I am interested in why it is the way it is when it causes the situations that have been caused and why there can't be a better way.

If one of the developers of the site claimed that the thumbs down button was here to stay and if you don't like it go somewhere else, don't you think you could at least complain about it in the forum made for complaints? Especially if the thumbs down function was causing pain and suffering?
Because you are engaging in "not letting it go" and "Site rules Fling". You have complained about it, and no doubt others can as well. You complaint was rejected.

I think it is clear (and this was the case when Octavian made RSP light touch moderation) that Octavian (shall I say his name again, can we risk it?) was is and always will be sick of RSP and all to do with it (including the constant complaints about "but you can't moderate him, do you know who he is?").

Is this some kind of meta experiment to prove that as a "liberal" you can do what you like and not get a ban?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Because you are engaging in "not letting it go" and "Site rules Fling". You have complained about it, and no doubt others can as well. You complaint was rejected.
This thread is about the Complaints Department in essence. I don't come in here hardly ever, after a complaint is addressed is it typically locked so any misunderstanding can't be hashed out?
slatersteven wrote:
Is this some kind of meta experiment to prove that as a "liberal" you can do what you like and not get a ban?
No, in that case I would be a jerk in RSP and see how long I could be a jerk and not get banned, it's not about that at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
This thread is about the Complaints Department in essence. I don't come in here hardly ever, after a complaint is addressed is it typically locked so any misunderstanding can't be hashed out?
slatersteven wrote:
No, in that case I would be a jerk in RSP and see how long I could be a jerk and not get banned, it's not about that at all.
And as I said, anyone can still complain, yours was rejected, there is no requirement to keep a rejected complaint open (in fact most places will close a case once it has been rejected).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
And as I said, anyone can still complain, yours was rejected, there is no requirement to keep a rejected complaint open (in fact most places will close a case once it has been rejected).
Regardless of the immaterial "most places", what is SOP here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Regardless of the immaterial "most places", what is SOP here?
The same as any private endeavor, what ever the owner says.

And we know what it is, do not act like a tit. If you do not want to fall foul of it, never post anything you think "will this give Octavian palpitations".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone's being disingenuous.

Pete (invites the lock)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:

Pete (invites the lock)
No, I think slater is being sincere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:

Pete (invites the lock)
Unless you mean me, which I find ironic because it is just these kind of personal attacks that cause much of the toxicity in RSP. If you can't speak to my OP, it is best to just not participate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmb
Quote:
Complaint Department is broken?

So meta.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
plezercruz wrote:

Pete (invites the lock)
Unless you mean me, which I find ironic because it is just these kind of personal attacks that cause much of the toxicity in RSP. If you can't speak to my OP, it is best to just not participate.
Which is a valid point, but only in the sense that this might lead to escalation if a user is not savy enough to not rise to the bait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
If you can't speak to my OP, it is best to just not participate.

You ain't from 'round this here Complaint Dept., are yuh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
If you can't speak to my OP, it is best to just not participate.

You ain't from 'round this here Complaint Dept., are yuh?

Shouldn't the piano stop playing, everyone turns their head, then clutches their pistols?

or is this a coffee shop and earbuds abound?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To try and answer you seriously...

TheChin! wrote:
my point was that the resulting consequences were worse than the two previous "advertised" moderation methods.
I think the answer you got was that the powers that be, or at least Octavian, don't agree. They obviously think the current moderation policy is working fine and are going to continue with it. And they're not interested in entertaining discussions about how it should be handled differently.

TheChin! wrote:
Is that not the very definition of a legitimate complaint?
Sure. And you got legitimately brushed off. The site owners can run the site however they want. They've made clear they want this style of moderation. I suppose you can keep trying to complain... and perhaps if you get enough supporters that will prompt another change, but given we're just into this new moderation plan, I don't see it happening.

TheChin! wrote:
I just want to be clear on what this forum is for.
For me, it's all about the comedy. Every thread is another episode of laughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If RSP is BGG's garbage can, Complaint Department is clearly the recycle bin.

Pete (thinks most of the contents have been recycled multiple times)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
If RSP is BGG's garbage can, Complaint Department is clearly the recycle bin.

Pete (thinks most of the contents have been recycled multiple times)

I think that all of BGG's forums are a recycle bin in that sense...

russ (looks forward to more threads about Smjj's 1 ratings, and what games will make someone's wife play games with them, and what do you think about Kickstarter, and how to improve the BGG ratings system, and wondering how to toggle on the old game page user interface, and ...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Quote:

So meta.

*cue Inception music*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
Quote:

So meta.

*cue Inception music*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
To try and answer you seriously...

TheChin! wrote:
my point was that the resulting consequences were worse than the two previous "advertised" moderation methods.
I think the answer you got was that the powers that be, or at least Octavian, don't agree. They obviously think the current moderation policy is working fine and are going to continue with it. And they're not interested in entertaining discussions about how it should be handled differently.

TheChin! wrote:
Is that not the very definition of a legitimate complaint?
Sure. And you got legitimately brushed off. The site owners can run the site however they want. They've made clear they want this style of moderation. I suppose you can keep trying to complain... and perhaps if you get enough supporters that will prompt another change, but given we're just into this new moderation plan, I don't see it happening.

TheChin! wrote:
I just want to be clear on what this forum is for.
For me, it's all about the comedy. Every thread is another episode of laughs.
It may, Octavian may well just end RSP and say "enough is enough".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FWIW I never understood why RSP was not simply moderated like the rest of the site. If it's (very reasonably and understandably) against the rules to call someone a stupid fucking libtard asshole etc in all the other forums, why was it ever OK to do so in the RSP forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.