New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The two N/As were from new accounts both created by the same banned user.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I have no doubt

Am I immune?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
Does BGG have an official stance on whether or not it is run by idiots? Some clarity would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chin, I am not with you in this fight, but what the heck:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Does BGG have an official stance on whether or not it is run by idiots? Some clarity would be appreciated.

Your guess is as good as mine. Take this with a grain of salt (and I don't want to let the cat out of the bag), but you can't judge a book by its cover.

Wait...I may have misread that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
dysjunct wrote:

Your guess is as good as mine. Take this with a grain of salt (and I don't want to let the cat out of the bag), but you can't judge a book by its cover.

Wait...I may have misread that.
are YOU ONE HELL OF A LOVERERR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From one of the more maligned, overproduced EC albums:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Chin.

I think it would be more appropriate to post your issues here instead of Complaints and RSP:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/682928/boardgamegeek/spam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
He has said what the rules are, and that it is not up for debate. Thus trying to find new ways around his ruling on that (mmmm, remember out little talk about people trying to find new ways to bend the rules?) will only get you a ban for the reason that others have been, being a pain in the nether regions.
I've been very nontoxic about it, why should I be banned? I am interested in why it is the way it is when it causes the situations that have been caused and why there can't be a better way.

The only negative thing about the way the moderation works in RSP right now is the constant whining about how the moderation works. So it seems to me that you are complaining about your own behavior, which is sort of asking to get banned in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sfox wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
He has said what the rules are, and that it is not up for debate. Thus trying to find new ways around his ruling on that (mmmm, remember out little talk about people trying to find new ways to bend the rules?) will only get you a ban for the reason that others have been, being a pain in the nether regions.
I've been very nontoxic about it, why should I be banned? I am interested in why it is the way it is when it causes the situations that have been caused and why there can't be a better way.

The only negative thing about the way the moderation works in RSP right now is the constant whining about how the moderation works. So it seems to me that you are complaining about your own behavior, which is sort of asking to get banned in my opinion.

It's not too surprising that is your view of it, since you told Drew to go f___ himself in a RSP thread and you got away with it, while Drew got perma-banned for responding in kind. shake

People still get away with all sorts of insults. Drew was told he was a "waste of space" by one poster. Others have said "worthless sh_t", "f___ed in the head" etc. etc. and gotten away with it.

The current "moderation" has been clearly stated, there essentially are no "rules". You could call me X and I could respond, no you're the X and I could be banned and you not. It's a totally arbitrary decision on the part of the moderator. It was explicitly stated the the "line" would move from case to case. So the decisions are simply a matter of how much (or little) the moderator wants you around. If you're on the "hit list", you step one cm out of bounds and you're gone. Meanwhile someone could be dancing a jig a km out of bounds and not be touched.

Given that state, I think it's legit questioning whether or not it working that way is a "good thing". However, I agree, there's not much point in question "how it works" because I think that much is pretty clear based on explicit statement and application.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadkenny wrote:
sfox wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

It's not too surprising that is your view of it, since you told Drew to go f___ himself in a RSP thread and you got away with it, while Drew got perma-banned for responding in kind. :shake:

People still get away with all sorts of insults. Drew was told he was a "waste of space" by one poster. Others have said "worthless sh_t", "f___ed in the head" etc. etc. and gotten away with it.

The current "moderation" has been clearly stated, there essentially are no "rules". You could call me X and I could respond, no you're the X and I could be banned and you not. It's a totally arbitrary decision on the part of the moderator. It was explicitly stated the the "line" would move from case to case. So the decisions are simply a matter of how much (or little) the moderator wants you around. If you're on the "hit list", you step one cm out of bounds and you're gone. Meanwhile someone could be dancing a jig a km out of bounds and not be touched.

Given that state, I think it's legit questioning whether or not it working that way is a "good thing". However, I agree, there's not much point in question "how it works" because I think that much is pretty clear based on explicit statement and application.
And this thread is (despite mine and others derailaling) about whether or not we are being stopped from complain about this situation, not the situation being complained about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a social website where we get together to talk about boardgames. I understand the conversation may turn away from that, but than I think the conversation should also be moved to another website.

If you wish to talk about Religion, Sex and Politics in how they relate to the boardgame scene, it should be discussed in RSP. If you want to talk about Religion, Sex and Politics in a context other than Boardgames, the conversation needs to be moved off-site.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
Hey, Chin.

I think it would be more appropriate to post your issues here instead of Complaints and RSP:

at least your toxicity is consistent across forums. Does every time some one criticize trump make it spam? Also, when people stop replying to me I stop posting which doesn't match the the definition of spam, but thanks for your concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
batman wrote:
Hey, Chin.

at least your toxicity is consistent across forums. Does every time some one criticize trump make it spam? Also, when people stop replying to me I stop posting which doesn't match the the definition of spam, but thanks for your concern.

"Toxic." Drink!

So, you think it's your content is why people are complaining about what you're doing? Have you considered that it's more about the quantity and redundancy and how that creates an incredibly annoying environment that so many of us are fed up with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
batman wrote:
Hey, Chin.

"Toxic." Drink!

So, you think it's your content is why people are complaining about what you're doing? Have you considered that it's more about the quantity and redundancy and how that creates an incredibly annoying environment that so many of us are fed up with?
You mean like replying to every post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:

Have I wandered into RSP by mistake?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
"Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior"
mbmbmbmbmb
batman wrote:
"Toxic." Drink!

It's funny, I've been recommending people chill out in RSP for years, when it was Dashi or Cobert everyone was fine with it. Now I call out some liberals and I am a spammer. You know what else is annoying, the quantity and redundancy of toxicity in RSP that does nothing to further conversation or debate, yet the echo chamber seems to cope with it. You are free to plonk me. It will no doubt allow you to continue your antagonistic sniping worry free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
spoon wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:

i_see_dead_people.jpg

Even worse! I wandered out of RSP by mistake. The offending post has been sanitized with puppies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
Even worse! I wandered out of RSP by mistake. The offending post has been sanitized with puppies.

Same way I ended up here, a subscription, but I did realize it wasn't in RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:
It's not too surprising that is your view of it, since you told Drew to go f___ himself in a RSP thread and you got away with it, while Drew got perma-banned for responding in kind. shake

But I didn't respond in kind. When he told me to go f____ myself, I simply noted that it was "extreme toxicity" and left it at that.

My apologies for over simplifying in my summary. Yes, you didn't reply to his post "in kind". It was in response to a later dogpile of insults that you described as "a-holish behaviour". I did not intend to mis-characterize that particular interaction. I was simply trying to make the point that one person posted something and another posted something no worse but differing standards were applied and that resulted in no action in one case and a perma-ban in the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this thread breaks the complaint department. We're used to a much less toxic tone hereabouts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
spoon wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:

i_see_dead_people.jpg

I see dead horses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
The complaint department is working as designed. It's description: "File all complaints here." It does not say that complaints will be responded to.
They'll be responded to all right.

Pete (does that all the time)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
The complaint department is working as designed. It's description: "File all complaints here." It does not say that complaints will be responded to.
But TOXIC!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.