Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
109 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Undead Viking Videos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: witchfinder_general [+] [View All]
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Resolving item #2 above likely resolves item #3...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Note: I have never watched an UV review but I guess now I will, I'm assuming he's good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

The rampant unfounded cynicism displayed in these threads is so disheartening, and now I've got to go and film some videos for you people but I wonder why I bother. I think I have to unsubscribe to General, because threads like these make it such a genuinely depressing place...


And this is where I just lost all respect for Rahdo.

To answer your question Richard, it's because we're paying your salary.
- Your 2016 Kickstarter Campaign raised $51,936 USD
- Your 2015 Kickstarter Campaign raised $36,621 USD
- Your 2014 Kickstarter Campaign raised $17,781 USD
- Your 2013 Kickstarter Campaign raised $4,067 USD

As of 3rd Quarter 2014, the most recent report I could find, the average wage in Malta was $16,948.45 USD ( 16,083 Euro). This means that in 2014 your Kickstarter raised the average annual salary, in 2015 it raise more than double the annual salary, and in 2016 you raised 3 times the average annual salary for Malta. (Source: http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2015-01-07/local-news...).


In four years this community has given you $110,405 USD to provide the community with unbiased reviews and play throughs. If people suspect that you are taking money from the publishers and/or designers to provide positive reviews, they have every right to call you on it. Seeing as how we have nothing to go one but your word, that you aren't taking money from the publishers, it's a fair accusation to make. So far the only refutation I've ever seen you make amounts to "Nuh uh!! Am not!!! I'm leaving because you guys don't trust some dude on the Internet that you give thousands of dollars to!"

Thanks to the generosity of the board game community that you find so offensive and cynical, you have the ability (whether you do or not, I've no idea) to live a pretty damn good life in Malta. So when you say "I wonder why I bother?" All I can think is what an absolutely arrogant, egotistical, entitled, and generally asinine statement that is to make.
40 
 Thumb up
4.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Resolving item #2 above likely resolves item #3...


Or you could have simply replied to one of the several threads already open on this topic instead of making a new one...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Resolving item #2 above likely resolves item #3...


Or you could have simply replied to one of the several threads already open on this topic instead of making a new one...


Where are they? If they are old and buried, better to open a new one, no?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The real question is... Can Undead Viking shuffle one card while playing a mid-weight Euro?
13 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Resolving item #2 above likely resolves item #3...


Or you could have simply replied to one of the several threads already open on this topic instead of making a new one...


Where are they? If they are old and buried, better to open a new one, no?


No

And considering YOU are the one starting each and every one of them, and can find them incredibly easily, doubly NO.

You have a vendetta against Undead Viking, nothing more. Time to just get over yourself and it.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Wrong, son. Scrolled to the end because I knew what was being said.

Lance is a friend of mine
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Soleia wrote:
The real question is... Can Undead Viking shuffle one card while playing a mid-weight Euro?

Trick question, because mid-weight Euros are dead! (according to that other thread)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
morris9597 wrote:
rahdo wrote:

The rampant unfounded cynicism displayed in these threads is so disheartening, and now I've got to go and film some videos for you people but I wonder why I bother. I think I have to unsubscribe to General, because threads like these make it such a genuinely depressing place...


And this is where I just lost all respect for Rahdo.

To answer your question Richard, it's because we're paying your salary.
- Your 2016 Kickstarter Campaign raised $51,936 USD
- Your 2015 Kickstarter Campaign raised $36,621 USD
- Your 2014 Kickstarter Campaign raised $17,781 USD
- Your 2013 Kickstarter Campaign raised $4,067 USD

As of 3rd Quarter 2014, the most recent report I could find, the average wage in Malta was $16,948.45 USD ( 16,083 Euro). This means that in 2014 your Kickstarter raised the average annual salary, in 2015 it raise more than double the annual salary, and in 2016 you raised 3 times the average annual salary for Malta. (Source: http://www.independent.com.mt/articles/2015-01-07/local-news...).


In four years this community has given you $110,405 USD to provide the community with unbiased reviews and play throughs. If people suspect that you are taking money from the publishers and/or designers to provide positive reviews, they have every right to call you on it. Seeing as how we have nothing to go one but your word, that you aren't taking money from the publishers, it's a fair accusation to make. So far the only refutation I've ever seen you make amounts to "Nuh uh!! Am not!!! I'm leaving because you guys don't trust some dude on the Internet that you give thousands of dollars to!"

Thanks to the generosity of the board game community that you find so offensive and cynical, you have the ability (whether you do or not, I've no idea) to live a pretty damn good life in Malta. So when you say "I wonder why I bother?" All I can think is what an absolutely arrogant, egotistical, entitled, and generally asinine statement that is to make.


Wow - I swear sometimes I am reading The Onion when I see things like this.
30 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".


... in part thanks to people like you, who seem to be unable to resist bumping this thread..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:

The only one here giving anyone a bad name is Kirk, who seems to have a weird passive-aggressive vendetta


If you're going to criticize folks for making accusations, please be consistent and don't go around making wild ones yourself. I thought it was pretty bad that someone implied dishonesty about you! I hope you'll realize it's not much better when you respond that way too.

I think most people support disclosure of conflict of interest --some more strongly than others. When it comes to questioning who's doing what, I'm not sure how you resolve it other than to ask the question.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:
saturnkk wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

-I know Lance, I trust Lance, if Lance says he likes a game, I'm 100% positive that he's telling the truth.

-I think ALL reviewers should disclose 100% of their compensation, including review copies.

-I think there are way too many threads on this topic.

None of these things are mutually exclusive.


Resolving item #2 above likely resolves item #3...


Or you could have simply replied to one of the several threads already open on this topic instead of making a new one...


Where are they? If they are old and buried, better to open a new one, no?


No

And considering YOU are the one starting each and every one of them, and can find them incredibly easily, doubly NO.

You have a vendetta against Undead Viking, nothing more. Time to just get over yourself and it.


Umm, I started one other thread. It ran it's course. Time and circumstance dictated a new one.

Sorry to bubble burst, no vendetta.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankiedamn wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".


... in part thanks to people like you, who seem to be unable to resist bumping this thread..


"Hey kettle? It's pot. Guess what? You're black."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?
...
Lance is a friend of mine


Huh? Did you not post, who gives a !@#$? And then follow it with a response that Lance is your friend? Those are in direct contradiction.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This all could have been ended with a simple 'I've done goofed, I'll try my best to make sure it won't happen again'. That would have shut down everything that has happened since.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".


BGG is obscure. It's forums more obscure. A particular forum more obscure still. A multi-page thread about a particular reviewer, much moreso. A thread that will likely only be of even the slightest relevance to a small group for only a few passing days, adds another layer of obscurity.

Note that those are my definitions, and degrees of obscurity are subjective from person to person. I've made it explicit only because of your interest and comment.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".


BGG is obscure. It's forums more obscure. A particular forum more obscure still. A multi-page thread about a particular reviewer, much moreso. A thread that will likely only be of even the slightest relevance to a small group for only a few passing days, adds another layer of obscurity.

Note that those are my definitions, and degrees of obscurity are subjective from person to person. I've made it explicit only because of your interest and comment.


3028th Alexa-ranked website in the world is obscure? And a forum thread at the top of the most common forum on a website that the user is already visiting and posting on is more obscure? Yeah, my previous statement is now proven correct.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
Four words

Who. Gives. A. Shit?


You do! You care so deeply, that you've read all the way into an obscure, multi-page thread. You've even hit the reply button, put the world on notice about how you feel.

Why? No one knows but you. And I might add, it's a post that doesn't make a lot of sense, to ask who cares when you've already answered the question.


Not really sure you know what obscure means. Because a thread at the very top of the General Gaming forum, which as you stated is multi-page, is most definitely the opposite of "obscure".


BGG is obscure. It's forums more obscure. A particular forum more obscure still. A multi-page thread about a particular reviewer, much moreso. A thread that will likely only be of even the slightest relevance to a small group for only a few passing days, adds another layer of obscurity.

Note that those are my definitions, and degrees of obscurity are subjective from person to person. I've made it explicit only because of your interest and comment.


3028th Alexa-ranked website in the world is obscure? And a forum thread at the top of the most common forum on a website that the user is already visiting and posting on is more obscure? Yeah, my previous statement is now proven correct.


Pat yourself on the back for giving yourself the gold medal of proofiness!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
arthurcucumber wrote:
This all could have been ended with a simple 'I've done goofed, I'll try my best to make sure it won't happen again'. That would have shut down everything that has happened since.


Why bother? He has thirteen thousand subscribers already, I'm pretty sure he's not going to bother changing something because a handful of people here keep moaning about it.

That said if it were me I'd be doing it deliberately just to piss people off
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archonsod wrote:
arthurcucumber wrote:
This all could have been ended with a simple 'I've done goofed, I'll try my best to make sure it won't happen again'. That would have shut down everything that has happened since.


Why bother? He has thirteen thousand subscribers already, I'm pretty sure he's not going to bother changing something because a handful of people here keep moaning about it.

That said if it were me I'd be doing it deliberately just to piss people off


You do realize that beyond this, and ethics, and general truthfulness with you viewers, there are legal ramifications right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Archonsod wrote:
arthurcucumber wrote:
This all could have been ended with a simple 'I've done goofed, I'll try my best to make sure it won't happen again'. That would have shut down everything that has happened since.


Why bother? He has thirteen thousand subscribers already, I'm pretty sure he's not going to bother changing something because a handful of people here keep moaning about it.

That said if it were me I'd be doing it deliberately just to piss people off


You do realize that beyond this, and ethics, and general truthfulness with you viewers, there are legal ramifications right?

Are you a lawyer? Are you going to take legal matters into your hands?

If not, then any potential legal ramifications are the business of Lance and those would would sue/support/defend him, and not you or me.

Since this is the court of public opinion, and not a legal court, go ahead and talk about how you feel this one reviewer not saying if his reviews are paid or unpaid affects how others should feel about them as a reviewer. But spare us when you talk about legal ramifications.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Archonsod wrote:
arthurcucumber wrote:
This all could have been ended with a simple 'I've done goofed, I'll try my best to make sure it won't happen again'. That would have shut down everything that has happened since.


Why bother? He has thirteen thousand subscribers already, I'm pretty sure he's not going to bother changing something because a handful of people here keep moaning about it.

That said if it were me I'd be doing it deliberately just to piss people off


If youtube decide to enforce their policies and suspend the account then its worth changing, this thread could be doing UV a favour.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.