Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard back from the GMs for Kremlin and Santa Fe Rails. Both will be returning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Happy to hear Kremlin will return. This has been one of my favorites to play the last couple of years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never GMed before. But I am willing to try.

If no one else steps forward, I know the following games well enough that I'd be willing to give them a shot GMing:

7 Wonders Duel
Empire of the Sun (but Mark Herman told me via PM that he believes he has a GM already)
Ivanhoe
Sekigahara (I am really not an expert at this game, but I love it so much I'd hate to see it orphaned)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David E. - That is very gracious of you, but I would not recommend trying to GM more than one event the first time you GM. Perhaps try to recruit some other people if those events don't get picked up :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
I would not recommend trying to GM more than one event the first time you GM.

This. So much this.

Doing more than 1 is admirable, but can be rather stressful. I did it one year and even as someone who had run an event before (event 1) and really knew the other game well (event 2) things were very stressful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
David E. - That is very gracious of you, but I would not recommend trying to GM more than one event the first time you GM. Perhaps try to recruit some other people if those events don't get picked up :-)

Ah, sorry - I was unclear. I am not volunteering to GM all of them! I was suggesting I could take (maybe) one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
kengelma wrote:

This. So much this.

Wholeheartedly agree. Being a GM for one late night game was difficult my first time. And I can only do 2 events now because I have the support of the entire Canucks team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:
kengelma wrote:

This. So much this.

Wholeheartedly agree. Being a GM for one late night game was difficult my first time. And I can only do 2 events now because I have the support of the entire awesome Canucks team.

Edited that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kengelma wrote:
You can always submit for an event and if someone else signs up turn it over to that person. It is better than expecting that someone will sign up and then finding out the event was dropped. :-)

I have submitted an application in the past for events I really want to see played (OK, I'll fess up, games that I WANT TO PLAY!), that I will gladly withdraw if someone else steps up to run the event.

I'll wait a day or two before the deadline and usually someone else (often the regular GM) has taken the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have heard back from the GM of Formula Motor Racing and they are coming back to GM. I believe also that Las Vegas is safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation's GM will return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
ardrummo wrote:
Innovation's GM will return.

(He's just slower at emails then some of the other ones - sorry.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated through 3/8. One week to go. It's crunch time! Time to step up and submit if you want to see an event return. Even if you're just thinking about it, speak up and we can talk you into it devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay - I'm going to submit one for 7 Wonders Duel. Will try to do in the next day or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Saccenti
United States
Colora
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
Okay - I'm going to submit one for 7 Wonders Duel. Will try to do in the next day or so.

Are you able to run it in the same thatwhichwasoncecalledthePrecon early weekend? I felt like Duel was an enormous success last year (excepting of course the dark bar we all had to play in), and am very grateful to all the GMs who give us early-arrivers some tourney options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe a friend of mine is stepping up to cover Race for the Galaxy. He needs AGMs yet, though, so if you're willing to volunteer to help out, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
saccenti wrote:
AmadanNaBriona wrote:

Are you able to run it in the same thatwhichwasoncecalledthePrecon early weekend? I felt like Duel was an enormous success last year (excepting of course the dark bar we all had to play in), and am very grateful to all the GMs who give us early-arrivers some tourney options.

I can do that. I think I will keep it at more or less the same format described on last year's preview page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have confirmed the Ra: Dice GMs are returning.

Las Vegas will be picked up by a Canuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McKibbin
United States
Clemmons
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated 3/13. If you see something you want to save, jump on it! Don't wait for the next person to come along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
Any knowledge of Titan?

Last year's GM was pretty clear that he couldn't commit in time, but was likely coming and could AGM.

With only 30 or so people expected, it would probably be one of the easier ones to GM if you were willing to commit the time (and knew the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll step up to GM Liar's dice if I can get two committed alternate GMs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:
rchandra wrote:
Any knowledge of Titan?

Last year's GM was pretty clear that he couldn't commit in time, but was likely coming and could AGM.

With only 30 or so people expected, it would probably be one of the easier ones to GM if you were willing to commit the time (and knew the game).

I don't feel up to GM but I can AGM .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Youells
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I paid 100 geek gold, and all I got was this lousy overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
saslett wrote:
I'll step up to GM Liar's dice if I can get two committed alternate GMs.

I can be an AGM for this event. I will hamdle the sign-ins for you if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Offer accepted! Now to just find one more AGM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Breza
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'll help out as assistant GM. I've never played Liar's Dice before but I'll help out however I can. I assume it's similar to the way it's played in the movie so I'm guessing it's not that complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.