United States
Strongsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Richard Harrow RIP
badge
Richard Harrow RIP
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book says I should have 20 value (XX) coins but I did not get any of those. I instead have 50 value (L) coins not listed in the rule book. I assume this is a typo, or am I indeed missing 20 value coins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod A.
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Come to the Dark Side; we have kitty treats.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would appear to be a misprint in the manual. My copy of the game has no 20 value coins, and the picture from the KS update about the coins does not show any 20 value coins:

Given that the manual also has a typo regarding the number of starting priest and comedian assets, I think it's safe to assume that "20" in the manual should have been a "50."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either that or somebody didn't bother to research Roman numerals . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Topdecker577 wrote:
The rule book says I should have 20 value (XX) coins but I did not get any of those. I instead have 50 value (L) coins not listed in the rule book. I assume this is a typo, or am I indeed missing 20 value coins?
The rulebook is a misprint. The 'L' are denomination of 50. This also matches the same denominations from first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Beeson

West Virginia
msg tools
Its the sky writers' code!
badge
I am so sick of that damn code!
mbmbmbmbmb
Later on in the rulebook, there is a table indicating the "L" coins are worth 50. But as others have stated, there are a number of misprints in the rulebook. For example in the setup section, the round marker is mislabeled "G" in the illustration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls