1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The Week was June 13th, 2007! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Beasley
United States
flag msg tools
We traveled to Dave’s place on Wednesday Night June the 13th and the architects that designed his place had exercise in mind for all that entered there after. At Dave’s place you have to go down a flight of stairs so that you can go back up another to get to the game room (a converted bedroom) but we had a great time despite the fact that once up there I didn’t venture out again until the end of our game night.

Chris road with me to Dave’s place and when we arrived Brandon, Dillon (a friend of Brandon & Dave’s) and Dave were waiting to greet us. Dave welcomed us to the bounty of his kitchen & refrigerator and showed us back upstairs to the game room. Like I had said before Dave has placed a game table in one of his bedrooms just for the group to enjoy games twice a month. Dave is designing a game that he calls World War III that looks a little bit too much like a war game (what I plan on calling thematic strategy games from now on) for my liking but if everyone weren’t different life wouldn’t be very interesting now would it. Dave and crew cleared off WWIII from the table after we arrived and we pulled out Chris’ copy of Zombies!!! With 5 of us playing it was quite a battle of course but someone had to win and this week it was Brandon (after all John wasn’t there, LOL). Yes, Brandon managed to reach the center of the helipad first making him the winner of our game of Zombies!!! Chris ended the game with 13 Zombies in his possession followed by Dave with 6 Zombies, followed by myself with 4 Zombies and Dillon managed to possess 1 Zombie himself.

For some reason I was getting pretty tired at this point and decided to leave after the next game. Ingenious was suggested but I reminded everyone that Ingenious had a 4-player maximum. So, seeing that he had been drinking a little beer, Dave bowed out and let Chris, Brandon & myself to teach young Dillon the nuances of Ingenious. Not long into the game though Dave bet $2 on Dillon to win and I took the bet as did Chris (borrowing the money from me) and then Dave began to provide Dillon some of his drunken wisdom (yes, that is an oxymoron and it proved to be somewhat moronic as well). You all should know that I definitely joke around a lot but I take my gambling seriously. I do loose when I gamble but I’d prefer not to if I can help it. In that night’s game of Ingenious I ended up with an extra $4 ($2 in cash and $2 in debt but “as long as someone owes you money, you’re never broke”). The final scores were Brandon bring up the rear with a low score of 10, Chris & Dillon tied for 2nd place with 2 cubes in the 14th positions and little ol’ me with a low score of 16.

Chris elected to stick around and play video games (you’ll have to get their report of how the rest of the evening went, if you want to know) and I managed to leave the apartment around midnight. I say that I managed to leave the apartment because Dave walked me to my truck and after a short conversation with him about everything under the moon, I managed to leave the parking lot around 1:30am. All in all I enjoyed our first Wednesday Game Night at Dave’s place an I look forward to our evening there tomorrow night as well.

This Blog is now being posted at www.Groups.Yahoo.Com/Group/A-L-T_Games, and to

“Mr. Inappropriate” Al
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.