Marian Babcan
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This is my submission to the 2017 Two-Player PnP Contest (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1726893/2017-two-player-pri...)
the game is currently in Idea Phase

...and the Captain thundered: "Get off my eye, yer limp son´s of no-one, yer wannabe pirates, yer useless wrecks of men!!!
I´d like to feed my sharks with you, but ... There is one last chance, my dear fellows with seaweed instead of brains, one last chance for ya! We ship you of at a favorite Island of mine, one, where a lot of treasure is buried, one where danger will prove you. You are gonna dig and sweat and dig, and whoever of you comes back alive with better knowledge of treasures found there will prove himself and stay with us.
The other will compete in swim contest with the sharks, ha ha ha...! "

I always liked pirate games, but there are not many, that I can play with my son, who is 6 and can´t read yet.
I am working on the idea - as you´ll see soon - of an adventure-memory card game, that doesn´t require reading of text and offers some new mechanic.

I hope, that the game will be fun for the adults too, it will be your feedback, that tells me if it´s so arrrh

Components:
* 6 cards with landscape and treasure
* 6 cards with landscape only
* 4 cards with pirate-zombies
* 2 maps of the Cursed Island
* 4 pirate (player) pawns (if 2 are playing, they can choose from 4)
* 4 zombie pawns
* 12 cubes - representing treasure (6 for each player) or sharpies/in case that you´ll sleeve the map cards)

Number of players - it is primarily for two players, but it could be played with three or four players as well.

Playtime - approximately 10-20 minutes

Categories, I´d like to compete in:

Best Game to Play with Your Child
Best Casual/Gateway Game
Best Use of Theme
Best Date Night Game
Best Art/Graphic Design
Best Game with Language Independent Components
Best New Mechanic
Best Game

The components (cards and pawns) are almost finished, but I´m still not quite convinced with them, the back of the cards must still be worked on.

To do list:

. finish cards (especially back of the cards)
. more playtesting and finishing the zombie movement mechanic
. draft rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Babcan
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Welcome to the contest Marian!

I'm a sucker for pirates too arrrh, and I see it also has zombies zombie so am looking forward to your game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Babcan
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks John for a warm welcome, wishing a nice morning

I will try to do my best, equally looking forward to finishing of the art of your Wolfe & Co and playing with my youngster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Marian,

A couple of housekeeping things:

1. Can you please create a link back to the contest thread from your top post.

2. I have added your game to the list of entries but need a couple of sentences describing it. Can you please post what you want your description to be.

And some early feedback: The skull image is really cool, but I know it would give my kids nightmares. I'm not sure if you were going to use it in the game, but for a kids game you might be safest to use more cartoony graphics.

Cheers,
JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Babcan
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey, John

1. will do,
2. a short description:
A memory card game, where the cards - parts of the island - are laid out in a form of a skull. The players play the part of pirates, who must travel the island and find its treasures, avoid/run from the treasure guardians - zombie pirates with the only goal: survive and remember the most treasure, so they can give the Captain a more precise map than your opponent.

you're right, the image is cool and I guess, that not every kid would be okay with that kind of a picture... must think about some appropriate one...thanks for your feedback and advice, John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Marian, how's progress with this one? I hope you can get the components and rules done in time because it sounds really cool. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Marian,
Just a reminder of the 8 May deadline to get your components done, otherwise the game will be withdrawn from the contest on that date.
Cheers, JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marian Babcan
Slovakia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hey John,

I tried to make it work, but couldn´t find time outside of my working place. I have to withdraw my game from the contest.

you are doing a great job with the managing the whole thing.

my respect and wishing of all the best

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Marian. Yes I know how it is that Life sometimes (often) gets in the way of Playtime. I hope you find time to develop the game as I love the premise. I'll stay subscribed...
Cheers, JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.