United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My sister-in-law was staying the night with us last night, and needed someone to go out to the car and get her stuff in from the snowy car. I said I would do it for a bribe. The bribe? Playing a game with me. I drug out Lord of the Rings for the first time. So, I managed to lure my wife (Cheryl) and sister-in-law (Karrie) into a game of Lord of the Rings.

Cheryl took Frodo, Karrie (who was somewhat creeped out by LotR) took mild-mannered Pippin, and I took stalwart Sam.

This being my second game, and their first, it took a while to get comfortable with the rules and strategy. We totally stunk in Moria, concentrating too much on the side paths and not enough on the main path. The event marker moved all the way to the end, finishing that board. I was made the new Ringbearer. At Helm's Deep, we snuck through by the skin of our teeth, but the cracks were starting to show.

Shelob's Lair was nasty to us, draining most of our remaining resources. We got by only by summoning Gandalf to allow us to ignore the last painful event. By the end of that board, I was the Ringbearer one step away from Sauron. The other hobbits were two squares behind me.

During the Mordor board, we didn't last long. Frodo-Cheryl succumbed to one of the events by rolling a triple-circle. We prolonged the agony by using Galdalf to heal me two spaces. One turn later, I was forced to discard two cards when I only had one. The quest was over at space 51. Better luck next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Woo-hoo! Success!
My wife and sister-in-law are asking to play this again this coming weekend! Yesssssssss!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Yekrats (#26781),

Congratulations!

I've had a good amount of success getting people to like this game as well. It's nice to be able to cooperate with your friends, rather than just compete with them all the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.