Adam T
msg tools
I'm getting the second edition upgrade pack and was wondering if any of the other items on this page are considered must-haves for the burgeoning fan.

http://portalgames.pl/shop/en/robinson-crusoe--adventures-on...

I was considering the Sailor and the crewmen pack (because I lose all the time), but really I have no idea. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
This is very much a personal thing, I guess. So, for what it's worth: I like the extra beast cards, event cards and discovery tokens best, because they blend into the game, without altering it significantly.

The Sailor and the trait cards feel a bit superfluous to me, but I have to give them more play time.

Of the extra scenarios, I found Livingstone most fun, but this can also be found online for free (albeit at lower print quality, probably).

Enjoy your game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think crewman pack is a good way to ease your game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Discovery tokens are just more versatility which is great (and a bag is nice)
2. Crewmen cards are more versatility and easier game. Which is great, if you want to make your games easier.
3. New events cards are more verstility and seem a little more friendly than basic stuff
4. Scenarios are great but you can find them online and download for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Zetterberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
I can agree with all previous posts, but noone mentioned the "searching the beach"-cards. With them you have the possibillity to do the gathering action in the first round.
However it is really a 50/50 gambling as almost half of the cards contains "nothing"
I have a house rule that the first player may draw 1 card from searching the beach deck at the production phase of the first round. This works thematicaly and can make the game easier if you find the game to difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused. Is this all stuff for 1st Edition owners and is already baked into the 2nd Edition?

Or are these already expansion bits for the 2nd Edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Arnold
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's bits and pieces to upgrade the 1st edition to the 2nd edition - new meeples, new rulebook, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xylion wrote:
I can agree with all previous posts, but noone mentioned the "searching the beach"-cards. With them you have the possibillity to do the gathering action in the first round.
However it is really a 50/50 gambling as almost half of the cards contains "nothing"
I have a house rule that the first player may draw 1 card from searching the beach deck at the production phase of the first round. This works thematicaly and can make the game easier if you find the game to difficult.

I didn't mention "searching the beach" cards because I don't like them and I feel they add nothing valuable to the game. Same goes for trait cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the searching the beach cards too and im not crazy about them just bc theyre 50-50 as was mentioned. The few times ive attwmpted to search the beach i found nothing. I would rather do other actions which offer better chances.

I dont have the new discovery tokens (i feel theyre too expensive but i would like to have them). Ive considered the crew deck. Dont know how much i would use it. The beast deck is great to have!

What are the new events cards??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
I have the searching the beach cards too and im not crazy about them just bc theyre 50-50 as was mentioned. The few times ive attwmpted to search the beach i found nothing. I would rather do other actions which offer better chances.

I dont have the new discovery tokens (i feel theyre too expensive but i would like to have them). Ive considered the crew deck. Dont know how much i would use it. The beast deck is great to have!

What are the new events cards??

It's newest mini expansions for Rc. Few new event cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously?? I haven't seen these before!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Quichotte
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like the trait cards, beast cards and discovery tokens. For the beach cards I changed the rule: every time you do a regular gathering action on the beach (and you succeed), you may also pay two determination tokens to draw a beach card; the first (or the first two) "Nothing" beach cards don't get reshuffled, instead they are removed from the game - and I'm still lukewarm about them. Too swingy IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty good idea to use the Determination Tokens (DT) to have new draws. I think that I'll try so that you can redraw "Nothings" by paying 2 DTs. In this version the Nothings do get shuffled back, but if you are determined enough, you can keep searching until you find something.

Edit: After calculating the success probabilities and DT costs, I changed the DT cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.