Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a quick change to the vanilla rules that will make the game easier for you if you are having trouble with it, or it might give you more options if that's what you're looking for. Untested but should work in theory!

-The Back-up Card Variant-

During the Card Selection phase, when deciding which 2 cards to use for the round, do so as normal. Afterwards, you may choose a third card as your designated Back-up Card for the round by placing it face down and sideways beneath the other two cards that you'll be using on your turn.

Now during your turn, you may use your Back-up Card instead of either of the other two, but in doing so you must place one Damage token next to your Hand, and then immediately lose 1 HP for each such token that you currently have in that pile (eg. the first time you use your back-up card during a given scenario, it costs you 1 HP; the next time it'll cost you 2 HP; etc).

At the end of your turn, whichever of the three cards that you didn't use is placed back into your hand.

Edit: Should add that the name and variant are both inspired by an upcoming Too Many Bones preorder that I'm really, really looking forward to.
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan H
United States
California
flag msg tools
I would be worried that this will add to playtime and encourage AP. Choosing 2 cards is already hard enough, let alone trying to choose a 3rd that could potentially synergize with either of the other 2 or handle edge cases based on what the enemies do that turn. That may just be me though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanH wrote:
That may just be me though.

No I think I agree. It just seemed viable from a mechanics standpoint.

Might be useful for the experienced player that wants even more tactics, I suppose. Couple it alongside a boost in enemy level?

I dunno, it was a thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Szczepanski
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be more efficient to just lower the difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.