Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm not wording this well, basically I have a gameday party I'm going to Saturday night, and I wanna bring this game, with both expansions, and have armies and spelldecks pre-built so we can just pick an army and go, so I'm wondering if there's anything online that has like.... the most balanced way to split things up across the games, since I don't think new players are gonna want to have to figure out how to pick their stuff and keep their point totals right and such, and I have a lot of work this week so I don't think I'll have much time to figure it out myself.

If it makes any difference, I only have one copy each of the base game(s) and expansion(s) (Depending on what you count base and expansion), but I have extra terrain tiles from a spare copy a friend bought just for the minis to use in D&D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bailey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How many people will be playing?

Best thing I can think to do is just have a deck for each mage and base army. I haven't broken out Innistrad yet, so not sure what all is in there, but since it is another base, should have enough for 10 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually only 9. One of Innistrads Planeswalkers uses 2 figures, so the game only has 4 Planeswalkers instead of 5, and it also has very uneven card distribution, because other than Jace#2, all of them are 2 color.

So basically I'm just looking for a good way to split things into an army for each walker, likely ignoring Zendikar except for a few extra spell cards or factions if needed. Not its walkers for sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
5 base. 4 Innistrad. 2 Zendikar.

Also, just use recommended d3cms and armies from the instructions. Auto-built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:

Oh my god I feel stupid. I honestly never noticed that the manual had army suggestions, though I mostly learned the game ahead of time before I got it from videos, so I only use the manual to look at specific things. Sorry for the thread I guess. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Schipper
United States
Prescott Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:

This.

The only things I would add:
1) Nissa's spell deck has some cards that can be dead draws. Remove Skyreaping and Naturalize from her deck and replace them with the following from Battle for Zendikar cards:

Skyreaping => Rapid Withdrawal
Naturalize => Elvish Blade Finesse

2) Ob Nixilis can swap into Liliana's army if you remove the Restless Zombies. He's down a squad, but in theory he's supposed to be more powerful. If you do this, you probably want to swap some of Liliana's zombie based cards out and replace them with some of the Black spells from Battle for Zendikar.

3) I highly recommend you play team battles rather than a free-for-all. I've played several 5 player free-for-alls and the game really gets bogged down. Anyone who makes an aggressive move just gets killed first. If you have 5 players, rather than playing "last man standing," play a Star game where you win when the enemy colored planeswalkers are dead. (If you have multicolor planeswalkers, just assign them to a point on the star that isn't taken already.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
For new players, this game has a lot going for it. For hobbyists, there is barely enough material to warrant the shelf-space.

I liked making my own army a lot. But it did take probably a 0.5hr. Out of the box, just about any army is decent provided you highlight whether they are aggressive, defensive or combo-ish.

With Zendikar you also get the awesome Eldrazi enemy of you use the scenario. We did that for an intro game, it was more fun than I hoped. I wish if they do more stuff we either get more Eldrazi, or another Scenario-enhanced threat-army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the all vs Eldrazi mode is amazing honestly. I wish they'd at least release rules for more things like that, if not small, boss expansions.

Also, I honestly don't know the number of players we'll have, so I'm mostly looking for the easiest way to divide things (which I have now thankfully, now that I got over my stupid) and I can easily adjust. Team battles will be very likely though, just cause they're more fun anyway, faster or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get 8 players, 2x 2v2 and then round robin or shuffle the players names in a hat or even keep the team's and shuffle the Planeswalker Armies around..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArcNeo Masato
United States
Pasco
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
If you get 8 players, 2x 2v2 and then round robin or shuffle the players names in a hat or even keep the team's and shuffle the Planeswalker Armies around..

I'll keep that in mind. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.