Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all I'm really interested in knowing more about this. I'm a massive fan of noir, mystery, 1930s-50s films in general. You basically had me at THEME.

We are also big on coop and small card based experiences we can cram in after the babies go to sleep.

I have some pause at your previous mention of things feeling like 'bidding,' I absolutely detest auction/bid mechanics. Can you elaborate on this?

How long does the average mission take?

If you 'fail' a mission is it pretty much spoiled at that point and you just move on to the next or can you play them until you get it?

This is a direct release right? No kickstarter?

I'm assuming it's really two player friendly?

Is it basically just cards at this point or other components?

Estimated price point?

And last but not least ... I obviously don't know much about the gameplay. Is there somewhere I've overlooked that has a nice rundown?

Thanks! Take care! Sorry I didn't back Wizards of the Wild. I'm not a big Kickstarter guy but that's the closest I've ever come to backing something without actual doing it. I LOVE seeing family friendly games in this way too grimdark industry. #pointlessinternetconfessions #wedjusthadababy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
CasualToast wrote:
First of all I'm really interested in knowing more about this. I'm a massive fan of noir, mystery, 1930s-50s films in general. You basically had me at THEME. We are also big on coop and small card based experiences we can cram in after the babies go to sleep.

First, thank you for the interest! Theme is how this game began - we love it too.

Quote:
I have some pause at your previous mention of things feeling like 'bidding,' I absolutely detest auction/bid mechanics. Can you elaborate on this?

There is no bidding in the game at all - I was just using it as a metaphor to explain 'table talk' during play. In co-op games, people tend to not know how much is 'cheating' when you talk. In Deadline, talking about what you're doing is critical so we in fact give examples in the rulebook and encourage it.

Quote:
How long does the average mission take?

Depends on players of course, but you can finish in an hour - less if you're playing with just two.

Quote:
If you 'fail' a mission is it pretty much spoiled at that point and you just move on to the next or can you play them until you get it?

The way Deadline handles a fail is different. It is designed to give you a full mystery every time you play. Your only fail will be if you fail to answer the questions concerning the mystery. Because each case is a complete story, you will know most of it when you play it.

Quote:
This is a direct release right? No kickstarter?

Yes, that's right. WizKids is the publisher, so it will be widely available.

Quote:
I'm assuming it's really two player friendly?

Absolutely yes. We have extensively tested it with 2, 3 and 4 players. I believe it is very fun at all player counts, and it was critical for us to ensure it played with two.

Quote:
Is it basically just cards at this point or other components?

There are 4 matchbook tokens, 3 bullet tokens and a first player token. But besides that, it is entirely cards.

Quote:
Estimated price point?

MSRP is $44.95.

Quote:
And last but not least ... I obviously don't know much about the gameplay. Is there somewhere I've overlooked that has a nice rundown?

There is a simple video presentation on BGG. The game has changed a bit from that (e.g. the way bullets work, the way matchbooks work), but it will give you an idea.

Quote:
Thanks! Take care! Sorry I didn't back Wizards of the Wild. I'm not a big Kickstarter guy but that's the closest I've ever come to backing something without actual doing it. I LOVE seeing family friendly games in this way too grimdark industry. #pointlessinternetconfessions #wedjusthadababy

I'm really wanting to broaden the game market further and I really believe Deadline offers something new to this. As always in our designs, we've had extensive play tests, but what is unusual for Deadline is the types of people that have wanted to play. It really seems to pull in a broad audience and that is extremely gratifying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.