Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davey Jones
Netherlands
Leusden
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so this game came into my local retail store and it appears the regular version is 75 euros, whereas the deluxe version is 125 euros.

50 god damn euros for a lick of paint???

does anyone else feel we should bring back the guillotine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJones6911 wrote:
so this game came into my local retail store and it appears the regular version is 75 euros, whereas the deluxe version is 125 euros.

Quite the opposite, I think it's a tremendous value. It would cost twice that to commission a paint job and these minis aren't simply painted, they have translucent highlights too. You really have to see them to believe it. They're head and shoulders above the standard version in quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Quite the opposite, I think it's a tremendous value. It would cost twice that to commission a paint job and these minis aren't simply painted, they have translucent highlights too. You really have to see them to believe it. They're head and shoulders above the standard version in quality.

Completely agree! ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
N├╝rnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DaveyJones6911 wrote:

I'm tempted to toss you a fish... arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid full retail at my FLGS, and I feel like it was worth every penny. The paint job is tremendous. I'm not a painter, and I'm thrilled that I was given this option. If I were to have commissioned these minis to a professional to be painted, it would have been a heck of a lot more than $50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJones6911 wrote:

It didn't work out that well the first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The value for the painted version is actually awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being colorblind, I was actually pleased to be given the option of a cheaper set without paint. I don't put much value in paint schemes.

Though it's still a bit difficult for me to distinguish between other similar components (like the race-specific dice). Kudos to Quixotic Games for including a graphic breakdown of these components in the rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Steele
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
Being colorblind, I was actually pleased to be given the option of a cheaper set without paint. I don't put much value in paint schemes.

Though it's still a bit difficult for me to distinguish between other similar components (like the race-specific dice). Kudos to Quixotic Games for including a graphic breakdown of these components in the rulebook!

Even not being color blind some of those dice are hard to tell apart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davey Jones
Netherlands
Leusden
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriously?
those are not the exact same minis they are releasing in random boosters
for an average of 3.5 euros per mini?

and doesn't translucent highlights mean they used transparent plastic and left some parts of it unpainted?
very commonly found in those 3.5 euro minis...

and since when is it remotely fair to compare prepaints to commissioned work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron R
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJones6911 wrote:
seriously?
those are not the exact same minis they are releasing in random boosters
for an average of 3.5 euros per mini?

Actually, no, they're not. These minis are smaller.

Quote:

and since when is it remotely fair to compare prepaints to commissioned work?

Then don't buy it. Look, I'm trying to be respectful here, but obviously the painted version isn't for you. Luckily, you have a cheaper alternative. Other people feel differently. If the stores around me are any indication, many people feel differently, because the premium version sold out from every store in a matter of days (much faster than the budget version).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
AronR wrote:
Then don't buy it. Look, I'm trying to be respectful here, but obviously the painted version isn't for you. Luckily, you have a cheaper alternative. Other people feel differently. If the stores around me are any indication, many people feel differently, because the premium version sold out from every store in a matter of days (much faster than the budget version).

I am amazed at how hard some complain about something they are not compelled to buy.

The figures do look great and the price difference is not that great for what you get, but no one has to buy either version, let alone the more expensive version.

It was a great deal from Miniature Market in my view as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.