4 Posts

Archipelago» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are we using the barbarian correctly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan O'Connor
msg tools
So the barbarian, as we understand it, works like this:
For 1 AD I migrate a meeple into a region, populated by another player or not, and use the card.
I pay 1f for each resource in that region, placing the money on each resource. I take those resources from the bank and keep them. Now nobody can harvest from that region.

Is that right? It seems very powerful. Can anything be done to stop the barbarian from pillaging several regions, making the game a pain in the bum for everyone else while the barbarian owner is raking in resources?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe using the card before the other players? I don't remember now if it's a card that can be used by anyone or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Connor
msg tools
Faso74it wrote:
Maybe using the card before the other players? I don't remember now if it's a card that can be used by anyone or not.

It can't be used by anyone else, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only pillage unoccupied (including the Barbarian player) resource spots with the Barbarian. So it does have some limitations. But surely not a card that will garner you a lot of popularity around the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.