GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,300 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Werewolf at WBC 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitrios Alexis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
To all the late-night werewolf players on this forum, I just want to say hello and look forward to many sleepless nights at this year's WBC.

Secondly, I'm not sure if there is any intention to have werewolf played outside of the 11:30pm - 5:00am typical time slot, but if there is, let me know.

Third point—say hi if you played last year.

sauron Dimitrios sauron
facebook.com/dimibgg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Secondly, I'm not sure if there is any intention to have werewolf played outside of the 11:30pm - 5:00am typical time slot,

I didn't know you vampires quit before sunup! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably starting to get a little light by then, as the sun comes up around 5:55 :-p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
In more seriousness, what can I do to help my teenage daughter get more engaged in the Werewolf community?

She really loved her limited exposure last year, but is stil kind of shy and didn't know how to really get into it.

(And I get little enough sleep at WBC as it is so I've never played)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitrios Alexis
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Andrew, you can stick her with me. She'll be my wolf cub.

There are some younger players, and the best way to learn werewolf is to get them in young. Not everyone is younger-participant friendly, but I'll ensure an enjoyable time. I'll even be glad to prep her with a crib sheet of information, some werewolf chats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Schoose
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot...too much actually... new players are welcomed in the games that I play in. Being too shy gets folks voted out earlier than those that engage so players are suggested to participate during the games as much as they feel comfortable doing.

As for playing during "normal" hours, there are several folks who would like to do that but they are often busy playing "other" games which prevent that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring a small wireless speaker, hide it behind someone else, and have it play growling wolf noises every once in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.