Popular Tags: Files [+] Gloomhaven [+] [View All]
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gloomhaven has arrived in the top 100 rankings, and I am completely blown away by how quickly it happened! I am humbled by all of your praise for the game.

Back when I first started designing games, sure, I thought about being one of those elite designers with a top 100 game, but I wasn't confident it would ever happen, and certainly not this quickly. Still this was a major personal goal for me. One might even say a quest - a quest that has now been completed.

Well, around here, when we complete quests, we get to unlock cool stuff, and today is no different. I know I've been teasing the idea of 17 new scenarios for a while now, and with this monumental quest completion, I figured it was a perfect time to get them finished and release them to all of you. This is my way of saying thanks for joining me on this massive, crazy journey.

So what are the scenarios exactly? Well, for a long time I've been toying with the idea of putting each of the separate 17 character classes into their own specific scenario that would truly highlight their strengths and abilities.

And I wanted to make them a true challenge - something more akin to a puzzley Euro than a hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. Sure, there is still a lot of combat, but, more than anything, these scenarios are about knowing your characters inside and out and using the right ability at the right time to further your goals. With a little bit of luck thrown in, since that's the nature of the beast.

Be warned, they are hard. You will likely have to attempt them multiple times to suss out all the nuances of the scenario and how your character interacts with it. When you do finish a scenario, I hope you will feel a proper satisfaction, combined with the unlocking of a brand new item that complements that specific character's abilities.

You'll have to print these items out and cut them into cards. It's a little hard to avoid spoilers in such a case, but I've organized the bleed on the cards so that you can cut them out from the back and not have to look at the actual items as you do so.

So in this Google Drive folder, you will find the scenario book, which is broken up with an index of character symbols to help you avoid spoilers for classes you have yet to unlock. And you will also find the file to print out the 17 item rewards. I hope you enjoy it!

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8ppELln5Z0rdFhFTVlj...

Side note 1: Just so you don't download the file and then become disappointed, the solo scenarios unlock when you have reached prosperity level 3 and have retired two characters, so work toward that goal in your campaign before playing these.

Side note 2: I'm working on overhauling my website and getting these files and the reset files up on there for people who don't frequent BGG. This should be happening soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webster
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
Totally NOT a Cylon!
badge
Keep watching... he eventually makes it!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I haven't even gotten around to starting the game yet, but how to you give more than one "thumbs up"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Smith
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Isaac! Looking forward to trying these once my copy arrives and I get the pre-reqs taken care of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic! Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:

Still this was a major personal goal for me. One might even say a quest - a quest that has now been completed.

What are you choosing as a perk?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't retire!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:

Still this was a major personal goal for me. One might even say a quest - a quest that has now been completed.

A personal email assistant.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to your reprint so I can dive into this game and bathe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmb
Good on you. You could have sold this for $20 and everyone would have bought it. You're a terrible business man and I thank you for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, you remain the man Isaac!

And just to clarify - these are solo missions meant to be undertaken by a single character? (Don't bring the party along with?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:

And just to clarify - these are solo missions meant to be undertaken by a single character? (Don't bring the party along with?)

Yes, they are all for a single specific character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out my YouTube channel Rolling Solo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Issac! This is great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
msg tools
mbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

Can they be realistically completed by a level 1 character or are these more designed for higher level characters?

Edit: Opened the file, have to be level 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dynalange129 wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:
AndySzy wrote:

Can they be realistically completed by a level 1 character or are these more designed for higher level characters?

They say Level 5 is the minimum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome!! A warm thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are truly astonishing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Schwarz
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOMHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
badge
maybe on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one....
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaargh! Even more content I cannot yet look at!!! Does it ever end?!?!

Thanks for this, for the game and for everything you have achieved with and for Gloomhaven before, during and after the campaign. Really good work!

And it's a really rare feat, too - because from the first lines that I have read about Gloomhaven about two years ago until now the game has just gotten better and better in my mind and despite all those high expectations and being excited for the game now for those two years (when it was but an the game actually manages to deliver!!!

In retrospect, when reading one of your blog entries from March 2015, it is really funny, because you wrote:
Quote:
In Gloomhaven, I’m intending on giving players 70+ scenarios to play in the box. If the monsters were miniatures, I’d only be able to have a small number of monster types, and that would get boring very quickly. I never want component concerns to limit game play, so I’ve decide to not do miniatures for monsters. It would be totally awesome if I could, but then the box would weigh 15 pounds and cost $200, which just isn’t practical.

a box that weighs 15 pounds - how ridiculous is that?!?...

Though you still went through with the original plan of not having miniatures for the monsters, you have really overachieved with the number of scenarios and the weight of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't wait to see the new website. Looking forward to trying these scenarios out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Isaac, you are like the Santa Claus of Gloomhaven. Are you even real?!? How many Quatryls have you enslaved to produce this body of work!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas rouby
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, you are a gift from above !

Thank you for your generosity. Now on to the top 1 !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
fentum wrote:
Cephalofair wrote:

A personal email assistant.

Isaac, is there any chance you could possibly... Maybe... Put a "donate" button on your website? You are giving away too much stuff. Even Gloomhaven itself is seriously underpriced compared to games of the same quality (which is FFG quality and above; seriously...). You are putting so much work in this game while I can have all the fun with it, the least I can do is give you something extra!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bennett
msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it possible for these to be uploaded onto a site like the game crafter so the cards could be purchased in a printed form? Or as an add-on for the 2nd Kickstarter?

I ask for a friend who has absolutely no craft ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diederik D.
Belgium
Brasschaat
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeKBennett wrote:
Is it possible for these to be uploaded onto a site like the game crafter so the cards could be purchased in a printed form? Or as an add-on for the 2nd Kickstarter?

I ask for a friend who has absolutely no craft ability.

On the other hand, a set of these cards could be a nice surprise-late-christmas-birthday-whatever-gift for your friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.