Subject: Card counts and deck building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When deck building. I understand 3 card max. Is it 3 cards of that character or 3 cards of the specific card?

Can I have 3 Lightning cards total. Or can I have 3 of her card that costs 3 points and 3 of her cards that cost 4 points and so on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have 3 of any specific card in your deck, even ones with the same name (example 3 common Tifas + 3 starter tifas, or 3 rare Squall + 3 legendary squall cards all in the same deck).

Where character uniqueness comes into play is the upper right of the card:

Cards with a symbol that looks like 3 cards on top of one another - represent non unique characters, and you can have multiples in play at the same time (i.e. generic squires, knights, sages, mages, etc).

Card absent the 3-card symbol you can only have 1 in play at the same time (Tifa, Cloud, Squall, Tidus, most named FF personalities, etc). The way the tcg works to prevent you from clogging your deck and hand with redundant personalities are unique characters S abilities, where you can discard an extra personality for a particularly strong activated effect using the card in play (Cloud's Omnislash, Tidus' Blitz Ace, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
You can have 3 of any specific card in your deck, even ones with the same name (example 3 common Tifas + 3 starter tifas, or 3 rare Squall + 3 legendary squall cards all in the same deck).

Where character uniqueness comes into play is the upper right of the card:

Cards with a symbol that looks like 3 cards on top of one another - represent non unique characters, and you can have multiples in play at the same time (i.e. generic squires, knights, sages, mages, etc).

Card absent the 3-card symbol you can only have 1 in play at the same time (Tifa, Cloud, Squall, Tidus, most named FF personalities, etc). The way the tcg works to prevent you from clogging your deck and hand with redundant personalities are unique characters S abilities, where you can discard an extra personality for a particularly strong activated effect using the card in play (Cloud's Omnislash, Tidus' Blitz Ace, etc).

Ok great, thank you. I was pretty sure I had it right. Thank you for the explanations on the uniqueness of cards as well. I was wondering what that symbol meant. Part of the reason I was looking for confirmation with card counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.