Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted in the thread for last year's contest, and messaged some entrants in previous contests, but it was suggested I also make a new thread. Anyone who has entered a "finished" game in one of the 18-card contests is encouraged to join in. Anyone who has such a game that wasn't in one of the contests is also welcome, but I'm giving priority to the contest entrants if we don't have enough room in the box.

My plan is to put five 18-card games in a single 90-card tuckbox, published through TheGameCrafter. The manufacturing cost will be $11-14 depending on a few factors, plus some markup, with the profit split evenly between all the contributing designers and myself.

My role will be in coordinating between the designers, getting all the files ready for TGC, adding bleed to cards as necessary if the original designer/artist can't or doesn't want to, and getting everything set up for a shop page to sell.

I know that the organizer of the original 18-card contest was contemplating running a kickstarter for such a pack, but sadly that didn't come to fruition. If anyone wants to take this further, and the designers in my pack are up for it, then I'd love to work with someone to take the same pack of games and bring them to an even wider audience through KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. Have you contacted Hack?

Are components expected to be sourced by the players?
Is there a limit on the rules length?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:
I'm interested. Have you contacted Hack?
I have not.
ex1st wrote:
Are components expected to be sourced by the players?
For this specific endeavor, I'm targeting the 18-card microgame contest entrants, which were no-components-other-than-the-cards games. I would love to ALSO do this for a collection of games from the other small games with bits contests, like the 9-card nanogame contest that allowed a few cubes and dice.
ex1st wrote:
Is there a limit on the rules length?
For the games in question, the rules were usually on one or two or four card faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if you are interested in having solo games in the mix or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have a solo game. The ideal case, I think, would be a solo game, a 2p game, a 2-4 game, a 3-5 game, and something weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Windischer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
I'd love to have a solo game. The ideal case, I think, would be a solo game, a 2p game, a 2-4 game, a 3-5 game, and something weird.

I think this would be exactly the worst case. With this combination you will make sure that most people are only interested in half of the games.

Better to split that in packs with 3 games each. One pack with solo games, One pack with games for exactly 2 people. One pack with games for a flexible number (2-4, 2-5, 3-4, 3-5, etc.) of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MartinWin wrote:
Better to split that in packs with 3 games each. One pack with solo games, One pack with games for exactly 2 people. One pack with games for a flexible number (2-4, 2-5, 3-4, 3-5, etc.) of players.
Two years ago I couldn't find five games *total* because everyone was waiting for Hack's kickstarter plans to coalesce. Today I *might* get five games, with no restrictions. If you want to try to find five 18-card games for just one of those player count categories, godspeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Froleiks
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Count me in for Orchestration (2-4 players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Windischer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
MartinWin wrote:
Two years ago I couldn't find five games *total* because everyone was waiting for Hack's kickstarter plans to coalesce. Today I *might* get five games, with no restrictions. If you want to try to find five 18-card games for just one of those player count categories, godspeed.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
While The Prince of Pies needs more work with the iconography, Idunn's Apples, another solo 18-card game is fully finished. I can work on getting you the cards in a TheGameCrafter preferred size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Five designers have stepped forward and all have been contacted about moving forward. The five games have player counts of 1, 1, 2, 2, 2-4.

The pack does not have to be exactly five games. If one or two more designers ask to join within the next few weeks then we might have a pack of 6-7 games. If more than two more designers ask to join within the next few weeks then I may split the group, probably by player count, to make two separate 4-5 game packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Hook
Denmark
Coppenhagen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hook says :"I can paint for you if you need artistic help with you game"
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy to provide Fool of the Feast to a compilation - but I would want to update the game UX and make a few tweaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will regan
United States
California
flag msg tools
I wasn't sure if I wanted to make a game for this, but me and my fiance printed up something today and think it would be perfect for this contest.

We're making a two player game called "Wizards, & daggers? Goblins & Wands!" which will be exclusively for this contest.

Let me know about deadlines, etc.

This is a 2 player game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will5to9 wrote:
We're making a two player game called "Wizards, & daggers? Goblins & Wands!" which will be exclusively for this contest.

Let me know about deadlines, etc.

This is not a contest. This is an opportunity for physical publishing of games already created, mostly for previous contests. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
Katikati
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
However it does look like your game might fit the 2 Player contest that is currently running. See here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnKean wrote:
However it does look like your game might fit the 2 Player contest that is currently running. See here

Nice move JK cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.