40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Dungeons and Dragons Adventure System Board Games» Forums » General

Subject: New Instalment Coming in August rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Master Charlemax
msg tools
All credit to N S. (Noahboa) for posting this in reply to an earlier thread about whether a new instalment was coming at all. The following link has more information: http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/36887/wizkids-teases-new-...

Which D&D creatures are we all hoping will be included in this new one? Personally I am hoping for a Beholder, a Gelatinous Cube, Oozes, Basilisks, Minotaurs, Mummies, and maybe some PC races as enemies (Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Competitive?

Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not competitive as per this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25239193
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woa, Kevin Wilson is making the game? Huh. I wonder if he's going to change the general mechanics or make things backwards compatible. Will be interesting to see.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Woa, Kevin Wilson is making the game? Huh. I wonder if he's going to change the general mechanics or make things backwards compatible. Will be interesting to see.

-shnar

The article says:

"The rules and components of the new game will be fully compatible with the earlier games in the series, allowing players to combine them to create new and larger adventures."

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

If the game comes out in August, Wilson's part in the development process is probably over and done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it comes with skill checks and an app :-)
oo looked up Kevin Wilson impressed :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilson's claim to fame is working at FFG back in their golden days: Doom: The Boardgame, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Arkham Horror, Cosmic Encounter, Android, among others. After leaving FFG, he's had good success with various other games such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past. With his long list of dungeon crawlers on his resume, he should be right at home here.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they'd give us more info about whether it will differ significantly, e.g. new mechanics or setting. Surely they must know that if they are planning an August release. I suppose they said it will be fully compatible with the old games, but that doesn't rule out new elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on theme yet? Storm King's Thunder is hot right now and I'd love to see more use of the minis from Assault of the Giants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Any word on theme yet? Storm King's Thunder is hot right now and I'd love to see more use of the minis from Assault of the Giants.

I heard the Giants minis are the wrong size to be compatible - is that true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Yep, the mini of the game are smaller, here is a pic to compare, they are not all identical, there is 2 or 3 new sculpture of a mini in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shakar wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Yep, the mini of the game are smaller, here is a pic to compare, they are not all identical, there is 2 or 3 new sculpture of a mini in the game.

Different scale, but same story line, right? My Premium AotG minis NEED to get more table time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlemax wrote:
All credit to N S. (Noahboa) for posting this in reply to an earlier thread about whether a new instalment was coming at all. The following link has more information: http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/36887/wizkids-teases-new-...

Which D&D creatures are we all hoping will be included in this new one? Personally I am hoping for a Beholder, a Gelatinous Cube, Oozes, Basilisks, Minotaurs, Mummies, and maybe some PC races as enemies (Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, etc).

I'm not the one who posted the news, I just made a comment on it.

Anyway, I hope it's not giants. I was never into giants. More undead, more dragons, would be cool by me.

I wonder, are the older games going to stay in print? It's seems crazy to be reprinting Ravenloft and Ashardalon at this point.

More evocative, better illustrated tile art is my number 1 wish for the new game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Different scale, but same story line, right? My Premium AotG minis NEED to get more table time!

I do not know for sure, but the premise is the same as Storm King Thunder adventure where the ordening have been shattered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Scaglione
msg tools
Can't wait. I would buy it.
I don't care about the scenario (Dragonlance, BG or others) or miniatures type. I will accept all of them with enthusiasm.

I only hope they will do some new mechanics to increase the strategy side.
Another thing: tiles need more variety.

I am happy that it should be ready in August.
It's been 2 years from Temple of elemental evil...
Hope they used all this time to create a beautiful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrus wrote:
Can't wait. I would buy it.
I don't care about the scenario (Dragonlance, BG or others) or miniatures type. I will accept all of them with enthusiasm.

I only hope they will do some new mechanics to increase the strategy side.
Another thing: tiles need more variety.

I am happy that it should be ready in August.
It's been 2 years from Temple of elemental evil...
Hope they used all this time to create a beautiful game.

and maybe some pictures on item cards? That would be great...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Oh, but that would make it TOTALLY incompatible with all the OTHER D&DAGS games, now wouldn't it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
borsook wrote:
Oh, but that would make it TOTALLY incompatible with all the OTHER D&DAGS games, now wouldn't it!

Yes, get ready for people to start flipping out about how the cards/tiles/box graphics are not exactly the same as the previous games.

Also numerous posts about how descent/gloomhaven/Warhammer quest is way better and how can people like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Master Charlemax
msg tools
EverywhereGames wrote:
borsook wrote:

Of course that wouldn't make it incompatible. If the pictures were on the front side of the cards and the backs were still the same then it wouldn't make a difference. What DOES make it incompatible is when they change the BACKS of the cards and tiles (like they did with The Temple of Elemental Evil).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Darcy
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some more information on the release over at Meeplemart in Canada

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/73580-Dungeons-amp-Dragons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, there will be both standard and premium editions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nyarl wrote:
That's not so bad a price for Canadian $$$.

Quote:
The Standard edition (sku# 72816) has a single color miniatures option.
So does that mean that the non-Premium has ALL figs in one colour (black?) or will they still be the standard multi-coloured single-colour figs, like usual?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EverywhereGames wrote:
Nyarl wrote:
That's not so bad a price for Canadian $$$.

Quote:
The Standard edition (sku# 72816) has a single color miniatures option.
So does that mean that the non-Premium has ALL figs in one colour (black?) or will they still be the standard multi-coloured single-colour figs, like usual?

Yeah I saw that. It woulbe be awful! My heroes are already blue and I don't want to primer the minis to match the color code from the previous games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Lippy
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's another post about it:
http://www.phdgames.com/dungeons-dragons-adventure-system-bo...

My frustration is that they are wanting pre-orders by May 4th, but are still giving relatively little information on the actual game itself (no art, no concept, no theme, no pictures of the minis, etc). Shelling out $160 for the premium without having an idea of what the product looks like does not seem to be a good marketing strategy at this point. Even if I like a game, I want to be able to make a good informed choice about what I'm buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.