Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Stet
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rulebook is still a work in progress, but I can't remember if this was ever addressed in the kickstarter. If you are playing a 2 player game, the player with the winning dice roll at the beginning of the game gets to choose either the wind direction or whether to go first, but what happens in a 3 or more person game? If the high roll picks wind direction, who goes first? if they pick to go first, who determines wind direction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play it that the high roller gets to pick to go first or set wind direction then the second highest roller gets the other action. Low roller gets no say either way. They are obviously losers and should learn to roll better.
-OR-
High roller does their thing, then person sitting on their left (clockwise position) does the other thing and play continues clockwise around the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Maynard
msg tools
I say we do it the old fashioned way: Put a single bullet in a six shooter. Whoever finds the bullet doesn't get to chose to go first or determine wind direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apollo Weston
United States
SAN LUIS OBISPO
California
flag msg tools
@J Stet, Pretty much what Captain Cross said. High roll chooses, second high roll does the choice not selected, then turns rotate clockwise :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a 4-player game last night. I tried to do a sort of descending-bonuses mechanic, where the high roller could either go first, or set the wind direction, and then each person that declined to go first could shift the wind one face, until someone went first, or we got to the low roller, who had to go first.

It didn't work well. High roller went first, and second roller set the wind, and there was no point to go further.

I'm thinking I may formalize it, though. Either go first, or set the wind. If the wind is already set, shift it one point. Once someone accepts "going first" and the wind is set, no more pre-game actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.