Escape from Colditz» Forums » Variants

Subject: TWO PLAYER RULES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Cole
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,
I'm new to the BoardGameGeek and hope you can help me.

Really enjoying the new Osprey version of this game which re-ignites the joy of playing which I started when it first came out in the 70's.

On another BoardGameGeek forum I found a post which mentioned the use of speed dice. This seemed a simple solution to shorten the length of the game when time is short. However, having played the version which asks for the Security Officer to use two dice and the Escape Officer to use three dice I found a small problem.

The Security Officer obtained plenty of Security cards as 5 or less was rolled quite often with two dice, but the Escape Officer hardly ever rolled less than 5 with three dice.

I was playing the two player version with both players being Security Officers and Escape Officers. In this version it's more about how many POW's escape rather than stopping them so the game worked OK. But some of the functionality was lost by the Escape Office not getting many cards to play through the game.

Am I missing a trick, or with the speed dice is it expected that the Escape Officer doesn't get many cards?

Your advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this idea....

The POWs get a third dice only after "constructing" it in the same manner as escape tools. The third dice can only be used 4 times before needing to be constructed again.

I've also thought about being allowed to construct your opportunity cards. Makes thematic sense instead of waiting for a random dice roll to give it to you. You get a card after doing the same thing to get escape tools. Which rooms could be randomly generated each game or after each use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.