6 Posts

13 Days: The Cuban Missile Crisis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prestige for connected battlegrounds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomi Jokinen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I just bought the game, and want to make sure I got this right?

Page 8 in rulebook:
Cuba (military), Cuca (political) and Atlantic are connected. Tehy award +1 Presige for each connected battleground also dominated

This is how I understood it:
+1 Prestige, if I dominate Cuba (military) let's say with 2 infulence
+1 Prestige if I dominate Cuba (political) lets say with 3 influence
0 Prestige, if Atlantic is draw
Total + 2 Prestige for me.

So I will get total +1 Prestige for each battleground I dominate, regardless of agendas and regardless of how much influence I have in them?

Or did I got this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggi├▓
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you score only if there's an agenda for one of the three. The one indicated by the agenda is scored normally (difference in influence cubes), plus 1 or 2 points if you dominate 1 or 2 connected battlegrounds (the difference in cubes here doens't matter, you just need to have more than the opponent).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
A player only scores prestige from agendas (operation mongoose card exception).

Whichever player dominates the agenda scores the difference for that battleground. Note this means you could score for your own agenda dominant battleground as well as score your opponent's agenda if you also dominate that battleground!

The Cuba Triad zone adds zero to two additional points for a dominate player agenda in that zone (one additional point of prestige for each additional zone). +X = +0-2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Johnny hastily dug a foxhole, careful not to damage the sticky bomb detonator. The tank rumbled nearer. Fear of being crushed or spotted consumed him; yet seconds later, he deftly slapped the bomb onto a greasy gear and spun for cover, snap-firing...
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say the USSR has the Cuba military agenda and the US has the Cuba Political agenda.

The influence in each battleground is as follows:
Cuba Military: USSR 5, US 4
Cuba Political: US 5, USSR 4
Atlantic: US: 2, USSR 4

If you resolved the agendas now the score would be this:
Cuba Military = USSR 1 prestige point for dominant agenda here and difference of one influence.
Cuba Political = US 1 prestige point for dominant agenda here and difference of one influence.
Cuba Atlantic = 1 prestige point for USSR dominant connected battleground.

Note that in the example, the difference of 2 influence cubes in the Atlantic does not score 2 prestige for the USSR because only 1 prestige is ever scored for each additional Cuba connected battleground that is dominated. That is why +X = + zero to 2 additional prestige.

Also remember that this is per agenda. So if you dominant the other guys agenda you will score his points there as well. This can add up quickly in Cuba region and that forces you to always pay attention to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this FAQ link for other questions you may have while learning this game:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1541492/official-faqerr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomi Jokinen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks guys, that cleared it up cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.