Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I am reading through some solo reports here trying to learn this game (by playing along with the solo players session report) I noticed that my rotation of the production wheel did not always correspond to where it should be according to the session report. Anyway can somebody verify I am doing this correctly for the solo game?

1). The game starts with 1-2 plyer wheel and beam that has 0,2,3,4... Building token goes on A building card space for solo game (the goods tokens go in the space one rotation counterclockwise from the building marker). The beam starts on the bible 1 space which is one rotation counter clockwise from the goods token spaces. So far, correct?

2). There should be eleven rounds in the first phase and then the twelfth rotation ccw of the beam sweeps it past the building marker and settlement phase A begins. Move the building marker to the B building card space for solo game.

3). There should be three rounds and then the beam sweeps past the building marker on B in the beginning of the fourth round. Move the building marker to the C building card space for solo game.

4). There should be five rounds and then the sixth round we sweep past C starting that settlement phase and moving the marker to building card D for solo game.

5). There should be three rounds and then fourth sweeps past D. Move marker to E.

6). There should be five rounds and then sixth triggers E settlement phase.

7). When the beam goes past the building marker, the settlement phase is the same as any other round, right? Two actions, the only difference being you can build one settlement. Rotate the beam, it pushes the building marker and goes past the next building card pile. I then get two actions in this settlement phase, including the option to build a settlement. After two actions, round is over. Rotate beam ccw and begin next round?

8). Always 32 rounds, correct?

Thank you,

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WDP
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like your setup and round counts are right, but on the rounds that include settlement phases, some clarification might help.

After you sweep past the building marker with the beam, all the leftover buildings go into the neutral player's monastery — if his prior is available, you can hire him to use one of those new buildings, which might result in withdrawing his three monks.

Then you get to build a settlement. You can choose any (that is, one) of the settlement cards that were in your hand before you swept the beam past the settlement marker. You can also buy a landscape.

Then you lay out the new building cards and take your new settlement card into your hand.

Then you get your two actions.

This means that you get 22 actions before building a settlement at A, but then 8 between A and B, 12 between B and C, and 8 between C and D.

As a final twist, in the round with settlement phase E, you take your two actions right after you rotate the beam, before the remaining buildings go to the neutral player and before you can use his prior (if available) on one of those buildings. Then the game ends when you build your one settlement at E.

That means you get 14 actions between building a settlement at D and doing so again at E: 2 in the D round after building a settlement, 10 in the five rounds between the two, and two more in the E round before building that last settlement.

This last part has kind of tripped up my planning in two ways. One is that I think I have fewer actions than I actually have in the leadup to E. The other is I think I can use more of the neutral player's D-buildings than I actually can — it's generally just one use of one building.

Nevertheless, it's 32 rounds, 64 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.