Subject: Possibly silly question about opening the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ugur Dönmez
Netherlands
Hoofddorp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this a couple of weeks ago on a whim and want to give it a shot sometime soon. Looking at the box it seems the sleeve is actually a sticker and it doesn't seem possible to just slide it off. Is there any way to open the box without tearing or removing the beautiful sleeve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use a knife/razor blade to cut through the sleeve/sticker along lid line edge. I would use a ruler/straight edge to guide you to ensure a nice and straight cut. Position the straight edge below the lid and slide it up to the lid's edge. This will eliminate any slack in the sticker, add some tension, and give you a nice narrow channel to follow and cut through.

Cut through one side is you want a hinged lid. Cut through both sides is you want to be able to remove the lid.

With my superior cutting skills (whistle) I knew I didn't need to use one, because I can follow the nice straight lid edge without a problem. Needless to say the box now has extra character with the visibly wavey cut through the sticker/sleeve. After learning my lesson I used my metal ruler to guide my cut through Leaving Earth's sticker/sleeve and made a nice straight cut that is barely noticeable and looks like it belongs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a silly question at all, and thanks Chris for your advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.