Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of my favorite games, but I seem to rarely have the opportunity to play. Why? Well, it plays best with four players, and we always seem to have trouble having exactly four players for a game. When we do, there are so many new games requiring four players, that I bring those to the table just so we can get them played.

This time, though, the time seemed ripe. Lenny is a big fan of Chinatown, and Spencer and Troy are fairly new to gaming. So, it was time to a visit of this exotic district of New York.

I always insist we play with the series of variants published on the Westbank Gamers website. This makes more items tradable, which makes the game much more fluid and exciting.

Lenny and Troy got an early jump on scoring, constructing profitable businesses and earning quite a bit of money. Even though new to the game, both Spencer and Troy proved to be shrewd traders. I generally like to get a few dollars thrown in with each deal, but was unable to accomplish this goal as often as I like.

Troy far outdistanced us all in income in the middle rounds. We did close the gap over the final two turns, but it wasn’t enough to overcome his sizable lead.

Finals: Troy 104, Greg 87, Lenny 81, Spencer 76

Ratings: Greg 8.5,Lenny 8, Troy 8, Spencer 7.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.