Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: POLL: How Many of Each Set Have you Purchased? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Poll: How Many of Each Set Have you Purchased?
A questions came up in another forum about what sets have been the most popular. Just select how many of each set you've purchased up to this point.

Depending on how many responses we get there's all kinds of other great data I can extrapolate from this. Thanks.
How Many?
  0 1 2 3 4+
Core
Twin Shadows
Return to Hoth
The Bespin Gambit
Jabba's Realm
Chewbacca
General Weiss
Han Solo
IG-88
Rebel Saboteurs
Rebel Troopers
Royal Guard Champion
Boba Fett
Kayn Somos
R2-D2 and C-3P0
Hired Guns
Stormtroopers
Wookiee Warriors
Alliance Smuggler
Bantha Rider
Dengar
Echo Base Troopers
General Sorin
Leia Organa
Agent Blaise
Bossk
ISB Infiltrators
Lando Calrissian
Greedo
Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Grand Inquisitor
Alliance Rangers
Captain Terro
Jabba the Hutt
Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight
      225 answers
Poll created by the_stag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw the thread and was about to suggest BGG Poll, but it seems I didn't need to.

But you could've added wave 9 to be ahead of the curve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Minis painted "As you wish"
badge
PM me for commission painting info!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you prefer I vote by what I have purchased for personal use or a total including anything purchased for commission work as well?

Either set of stats could be useful for different reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
a1bert wrote:
Yes, I saw the thread and was about to suggest BGG Poll, but it seems I didn't need to.

But you could've added wave 9 to be ahead of the curve.

I thought about it, but I didn't want to confuse anyone. whistle Plus this poll is long enough as it is.

I'm thinking a month or so after wave 9 is released I'll create a new poll with just those items on it. That can be the plan for all waves going forward. I'm going to track the overall results in a Google Spreadsheet and see what kind of information it can provide us with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Stratagon wrote:
Would you prefer I vote by what I have purchased for personal use or a total including anything purchased for commission work as well?

Either set of stats could be useful for different reasons.

I'm not sure how to best answer that. I'd lean toward only counting the items you've used for personal use since the other party might vote on this as well and that would give us skewed numbers.

On the other hand, if the other party doesn't vote here, then I'd like you to include it to have more comprehensive numbers...

Sorry that's not an answer, use your best judgement based on that criteria.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm not heavily in the Skirmish scene, I've just bought one of everything. When I was into skirmish more, I had a few extra packs (for example, Fenn + 3 Rebel Troopers is the squad I usually ran). But until I get back into skirmish tournaments, I'll be sticking with 1 expansion of everything.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got 1 of everything. And I'll intend to keep on doing that.

Fun Fact: When I was looking for a cool dungeon crawler to call "mine", I've met Descent, which is everything I love: Medieval/Fantasy style game, with wizards, orcs, dragon and all that. But there was already a whole lot of expansions to get, and I knew I wouldn't be happy playing while knowing there was so much stuff I still didn't have. So I've met Imperial Assault, that had just released Wave 2 and everyone was talking about how similar to Descent it was. Since it was just in the beginning of its life, I decided to go for it, even though I'm not a big Star Wars Fan or anything like that...

And here I am now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of everything for me, and two of Kayn Somos, Alliance Smuggler, and Hired Guns for conversion purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I share my sets with my girlfriend so I've purchased a few extra figure packs just for key command cards (Rebel Troopers, Blaise, ISBs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice, interesting results so far!

I'm not too surprised to see less sales for the newer waves stuff.

I'm also not surprised that the non-canon villains aren't quite selling as well.

What I am pretty surprised about is how many people on here have 0 packs of various troopers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought one of everything that is available in german (up to wave 6). I plan to also buy everything else when it is available.

so the poll might be a little in favor of earlier waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Daniel
msg tools
I only have the core set and a handful of villian/ally packs. But we are almost finished our first campaign (everyone is sad it's almost over). We plan on playing the core campaign one/two more times then getting Hoth. If we are still into it after Hoth, Jabbas Palace would be next. Seems like both of those expansions are getting good reviews for campaign play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
One of everything but a 2nd copy of those few expansions that the campaign allows. Just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparky Sparks
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
As a purveyor of statistics, I like to know WHY the numbers come out the way they do, as there can be reasons as to why people have purchased certain sets more than others.

In that vein, I'll add my thoughts as to why I buy the way I do. I think its pretty understandable why people buy lots of the Rebel Sabs, Rebel Troopers, and Stormies for skirmish, but Chewie is also pretty high even though nobody uses him.

I buy whatever adds the most content that I'm going to use. I play campaign, and as such, I want the big box expansions for the Campaigns, but small box expansions are also worthwhile. I pretty much buy the boxes as they become availible. I don't buy multiples of things I already have; while the Villain single expansions add a little content, I already have their deployment card, so I they're not on the top of my list. I prefer ally packs to villian packs, since they add the ally mission for the rebels, rather than a trio of Agenda cards that may not even see play. Of the Ally and Villian packs, i most prefer the ones that have entirely new unit types, like the Hired Guns or Alliance Smuggler, since they add more to the game than just another group of stormies.

I'd like to hear other peoples reasoning for why they buy what they do, since I'm just a gameplay-centric guy, who never paints his minis and plays for the fun of rolling the dice and moving around the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buy 1 of all the things....

to be a completionist...

HOWEVER, I'm prob going to have to curtail purchases after this last wave, since I just never get to play that much, and I've already invested +$500...

unless the app comes out, in which case I'll be buying all the things again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Some quick things I'm noticing so far:

Only the Core set has a vote count equal to the total votes (currently 89)
I want to know why some people chose to leave items blank rather than select zero. I know in some parts of the world you can't get through Wave 8, in retrospect that would be good data to have.

As to be expected, the older stuff has more purchases than the newer sets.

How much better the iconic Star Wars Movie characters have sold than other sets. Kayn Somos being the one execption. You might argue that RGC isn't a movie character, but since he's based on an iconic movie character and part of wave 1 I'll give him a pass.

When weight adjusted, how well Captain Terro has sold. I think if FFG could package a few more sets that can be a unique and/or a standard figure, they could realize better profits by not having to produce different sets.

I'll come back with some more after I've had a chance to play with this data in Excel and hopefully we get a few more votes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra data, if you'd like: I have purchased many (usually cheap) Star Wars Miniatures models to act as a second set of rebel troopers, hired guns, etc. So obviously that doesn't count in the poll. However, it means I won't be purchasing a second set of rebel troopers, hired guns, etc. when I have the equivalent In the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
msg tools
mb
Hmm, I'd worry that the poll is heavily skewed towards people who really like board games and IA since they tend to browse the forums. I (currently) only have the core set, but I plan on getting the Hoth expansion and that's it. It's be difficult to get a non-hardcore poll done of this sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that Captain Terro comes with 2 characters, and if I want to use both in my game and have all miniaturs I'll have to buy a second copy of it.

I'm kinda annoyed by that... I don't play Skirmish, I only play the campaign, but I don't want to use tokens. I'll have to buy a second copy and have doubles of several cards that I'll have no use for.

This is not fun... not fun at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
I just realized that Captain Terro comes with 2 characters, and if I want to use both in my game and have all miniaturs I'll have to buy a second copy of it.

I'm kinda annoyed by that... I don't play Skirmish, I only play the campaign, but I don't want to use tokens. I'll have to buy a second copy and have doubles of several cards that I'll have no use for.

Most of what you get in an character pack, you have no use for in Campaign anyway. I don't see the big deal. If you want it get it. If it is too much, don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can seat and unseat the figures, so if you prefer to switch, it's possible.
I'm still wondering if I want a second of those or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Johnnymaxx wrote:

Most of what you get in an character pack, you have no use for in Campaign anyway. I don't see the big deal. If you want it get it. If it is too much, don't.

Yes, most of them are not used in campaign, but some are. By buying another pack, none of those extras will be. It is a big difference.

And yes, sure I'm not forced to buy it. If I'm not ok with it, I can just not buy it and that's it. I just wanted to share my oppinion on the matter. I'll probably buy it, since I made up my mind that I will have all miniatures for this game when I first played it, I just didn't expect that in order to accomplish this goal, I would have to buy two copies of anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
You can seat and unseat the figures, so if you prefer to switch, it's possible.
I'm still wondering if I want a second of those or not.

The problem only happens if I want to use both of them at the same time. It is not a huge problem (it is not even a big one I guess), but it is a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Johnnymaxx wrote:

Yes, most of them are not used in campaign, but some are. By buying another pack, none of those extras will be. It is a big difference.

And yes, sure I'm not forced to buy it. If I'm not ok with it, I can just not buy it and that's it. I just wanted to share my oppinion on the matter. I'll probably buy it, since I made up my mind that I will have all miniatures for this game when I first played it, I just didn't expect that in order to accomplish this goal, I would have to buy two copies of anything.

Did you buy the Stormtrooper pack? There are some cards in there to use for the campaign, but you can't use the figures. To me, that is worse than having to buy a second Terro to have another figure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only play campaign and I bought one of everything, except for the Hired Guns and ISB Infiltrators, which I bought 2 of. That way I can use both regulars and elites in one mission and paint them differently:

As for Terro, I bought 1 so far, but I'll probably buy another one, since I don't wanna switch around pieces on a painted figure. I'll probably buy a German one, since they tend to be cheaper here.

I'm drawing the line at buying more copies of the expansions, though. I'll paint my Wing Guards, Jet Troopers, Weequays, and Gamorreans as one Elite and one Regular group. There are no two regular groups of anything in the campaign missions, so I don't need that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.