Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

When playing a card that has the Gravity icon, is there a specific sequence to both drawing the replacement card (for the card that was just played) and grabbing a Matter token from the board (for the Gravity icon)?

I.e., it would seem most beneficial to always draw the replacement card before deciding which Matter token to grab off the board. I'm asking because I think we've all played games where just the opposite would be mandated by the rules.

But since the rules are mum on this, I assume it's player's option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't draw cards until the end of your turn. Gravity is resolved when you play the card. I imagine you must take the free matter for Gravity before you draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

sdiberar wrote:
You don't draw cards until the end of your turn. Gravity is resolved when you play the card. I imagine you must take the free matter for Gravity before you draw.

There, you see... that's exactly why I asked the question!

Your reply makes perfect sense now that I think about it. I had a feeling that there actually might be a specified order to the sequence. Plus, your reply forced me to go back to the rulebook, to see where I may've missed what you wrote. And sure enough, its right there on page 5!

The Turn Summary on page 5 does indeed show that playing a card and drawing a card are two distinctive steps, performed in that order. I never revisited that section after my initial reading of the rulebook and instead focused on the rest of the rulebook (starting on page 6) when playing the game.

Thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.