6 Posts

The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Razing Buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you allowed to raze a building and not replace it (for the sole purpose of firing a worker)?

Similarly, can you raze a sustenance/production building and replace it with a storage building (obviously not in the same spot) in order to gain access to the old building's worker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no, as the rules say "When you run out of Building spots on your Community board, you may raze Buildings when building new ones."

(There is a later sentence saying you can raze "at any time", but I think this is just in the context of "even if you have empty Building slots left".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
You may only raze if you replace the building you raze. You may raze even if you have empty spots left. You may raze a building and replace it with a storage building and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I raze a farm, what happens to the farmer who is employed somewhere?
Does the farmer have to be at home for the razing to be allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You can't raze someone's home if they aren't home. I'm pretty sure this is covered in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The farmer has to be at home (actually in this farm) to raze the farm. It you do this you loose your farmer with the farm (back to the supply).

Edit: You can find it on page 14 - Razing buildings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.