Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Starting and ending a move in the same hex rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wine Heart
msg tools
Tonight, my boyfriend got very upset when I wouldn't allow him to finish his move 3 action in the same spot he started in by making a 3 hex triangle. He wanted to do this to get a bonus from an item. I said it was against the spirit of the rules since there was nothing specific to be found. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's perfectly legal to do that. Apologize to your boyfriend and make him a nice dinner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure that is allowed based on other threads I have read - but I can't find any official word on the matter at the moment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Greig
Australia
Kelso
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
definitely possible, some of the mindthief's cards require them to move and end in the same hex to work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly legitimate. Classic example is to open a door and then backtrack to avoid damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can even go back and forth between two hexes. As long as you move from one unblocked hex to another for each movement, you can move however you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious to know why you thought it wouldn't be allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Random Item Design that interacts with this in a humorous way.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Horned Helm gives +1 attack if you've done at least Move 3 on your turn. So, and I haven't done this because it doesn't fit thematically for me, you could have someone run around in a quick circle then headbutt someone.

Certainly ridiculous.
If I can ever pull it off without laughing maybe I'll do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.