Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Limitation on attacks against the same character? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Leding
Germany
Rhauderfehn
flag msg tools
Sorry if this already has been answered. I´m not sure if I missed a rule. A few days ago I saw Isaacs game play video from Cephalofair Games and there was a fighting sequence around 10:15 when the very left Bandit Guard is going to attack the characters and has to focus on the Brut or the Spellweaver because they are the same distance away. The Bandit moves to a hex between the Brut and the Spellweaver. And although he normally has to focus on the Brut because he is earlier in initiative order he is attacking the Spellweaver because, as Isaac said, "the Brute has already been attacked".

But I cannot find a rule that limits attacks on the same chracter. What do I miss?? (also sorry because i`m not able to link the video...)

Least but not last: Gloomhaven is really a fantastic game and I enjoy it very very much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Florin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule is that the same ability (as listed as a single item on an ability card) cannot be used to attack the same target twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
Lordofthepurple wrote:
And although he normally has to focus on the Brut because he is earlier in initiative order he is attacking the Spellweaver because, as Isaac said, "the Brute has already been attacked".

thats an old alpha rule that no longer exist, with the printed rules it would attack the brute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leding
Germany
Rhauderfehn
flag msg tools
Thanks for this incredible quick clearing! My world is back in order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I didn't think this was Mice and Mystics where you can't attack the same figure more than once if it was possible to attack another figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we got rid of that rule because it was unnecessarily complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.