9 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ship in contact with an other one... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pace Rock
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello guys, I juste start to play the game. My question is, when a ship touch your ship, can you move if it is your turn and your planning move clear the other ship ? Or during this turn both ships can't move or make actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ship movements are independent. If someone with a lower pilot skill moves first and bumps into your ship, that's their fault. They lose their action. When it's your turn to move, as long as your move clears their ship, you're fine.

For example, if you are touching another small-base ship and you have set up a 1 straight, you can't move because you won't clear the ship. Or if you're up against a large-base ship you can't do a 2 straight for the same reason. Assuming you have dialed in a move that clears their ship, you're free to move and take actions as allowed by other rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
drathbun wrote:
Ship movements are independent. If someone with a lower pilot skill moves first and bumps into your ship, that's their fault. They lose their action. When it's your turn to move, as long as your move clears their ship, you're fine.

For example, if you are touching another small-base ship and you have set up a 1 straight, you can't move because you won't clear the ship. Or if you're up against a large-base ship you can't do a 2 straight for the same reason. Assuming you have dialed in a move that clears their ship, you're free to move and take actions as allowed by other rules.

NB this is a rule of thumb, not a game rule - if, e.g., the ship bumping you has bumped into your side or rear, or just on the corner of your front, those straight moves work fine.

If they're bumped head on to you, they don't, because the relevant templates are not as long as the ship bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cowlishaw
msg tools
Yes. You always try and execute your manoeuvre, even if you start in contact with another ship. If it makes it across, it gets its perform action step as normal (unless skipping it for other reasons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
thespaceinvader wrote:
the relevant templates are not as long as the ship bases.

The 1 straight movement template is exactly the length and width of a small ship base, and the 2 straight movement template is exactly the length and with of a large ship base (which is twice the length and width of a small one).

If you're bumped head-on you a template of the same length as the ship in front won't clear it anyway though, because the nubs in the front and back of the bases extend out from that, and thus the template starts a bit away from the ship in front of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Alexander
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
thespaceinvader wrote:

The 1 straight movement template is exactly the length and width of a small ship base, and the 2 straight movement template is exactly the length and with of a large ship base (which is twice the length and width of a small one).

FFG may have intended the templates and bases to be the same size, but the templates are almost a full millimeter shorter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
kiteserpent wrote:
haslo wrote:
thespaceinvader wrote:

FFG may have intended the templates and bases to be the same size, but the templates are almost a full millimeter shorter.

I think you've become a victim of production variance here. I'm using acrylic templates (which are more exact), but dug out some cardboard ones to check and the two 1 speed cardboard templates I found are maybe 0.3mm shorter than a small ship base. They came from the same print run of the blue core set; I haven't found any of the older ones as quickly.

Either way, what's important here is what we all agree on: that they don't clear a small base
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pace Rock
Canada
flag msg tools
Thank you guys for all the answers. Now I still have a consern about attacking. A skip may perfom action phase if I bump some other ship. Does that mean action = using an icon and including attacking or only using a icon or a special action on the card ? I saw a guy on youtupe putting a stress token in this situation...I am a bit confuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you bump another ship you lose your action. You can still attack, just not the ship you're bumping. If there is another ship that is still in arc you still get to shoot.

There are some pilots or upgrades that allow you to take actions even after a bump. From the description, you might have been watching the "Dauntless" title on the Decimator.

http://xwing-miniatures.wikia.com/wiki/Dauntless
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.