Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was weird enough that Vazquez wasn't in the base game. But I can't believe we still don't get her. Drake, but no Vazquez? Really?

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's for IP/Copyright/whatever reason.
There are already a few posts on this subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
It's for IP/Copyright/whatever reason.
There are already a few posts on this subject.

...like this one (bottom of page 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first heard about the expansion, I was hoping for Vasquez, but having already heard of the legal issues involved, I resigned myself to getting a character that was going to be Vasquez in all but name.

Drake really does seems like a stand-in for Vasquez, what with them both being smartgunners and the rare card ("They Ain't Paying Us Enough," I think?) showing the iconic character-establishing scene at the pull-up bar. It seems like the cards in his set were intended to have Vasquez's likeness and quotes, but then they couldn't get the actress's likeness and they had to either put in generic titles or change the quote.

I was pleasantly surprised to see her making cameos in Gorman and Drake's cards. I wonder if they had to consult the legal department to see how directly they were allowed to reference the character.

"So, shots from the front are no good, but how about from the rear? Maybe three-quarters? Profile? Silhouette? Overhead?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious thing is that NECA was allowed to make a Vasquez action figure which captures likeness of young Jenette Goldstein as seen in the film just perfectly. If the issue of her likeness was only about money, NECA probably offered Goldstein a very respectable pack of bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.