United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Some new sculpts, some additional guys and some new heroes.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/3/grow-you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really pumped for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than AFAIR the second sculpts for huge units none of those are new info per se, but I'm certainly glad they aren't releasing them at a snail pace, after all. I'm guessing they'll unveil the units for elves and demons at GenCon or thereabouts and release at least the first batch of them in time for the various present-heavy southern solstice festivities, so you don't have to wait for a year to finally make use of Kari Wraithstalker's ability to include one non-unique elven infantry unit in a human army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twincast wrote:
Other than AFAIR the second sculpts for huge units none of those are new info per se, but I'm certainly glad they aren't releasing them at a snail pace, after all. I'm guessing they'll unveil the units for elves and demons at GenCon or thereabouts and release at least the first batch of them in time for the various present-heavy southern solstice festivities, so you don't have to wait for a year to finally make use of Kari Wraithstalker's ability to include one non-unique elven infantry unit in a human army.

i kinda predict the elves and uthuk to be available for gen con. in fact this may even be their big secret they unveil for this year. maybe its just wishful thinking though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No where in that entire post is there any mention of these needing slight assembly and painting.

No photos of an unpainted figure.

I can see how some people are surprised by them not being prepainted.

At the very bottom, in the footer border text it says you can customize by painting, but that isn't really part of the article and hidden away.

It really does seem that FFG is trying to hide that these are hobby minis and not prepaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
No where in that entire post is there any mention of these needing slight assembly and painting.

At the very bottom, in the footer border text it says you can customize by painting, but that isn't really part of the article and hidden away.

It really does seem that FFG is trying to hide that these are hobby minis and not prepaints.

Maybe they should mention you could make them all little hats out of tinfoil as a customization option too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
DegenerateElite wrote:

Maybe they should mention you could make them all little hats out of tinfoil as a customization option too...

Or maybe they could say right at the top or in each description that they come unassembled and unpainted, like every other tabletop wargame manufacturer does. Most of them also feature shots on unpainted minis and their sprues.

It would save a lot of hassle down the road, especially in shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
DegenerateElite wrote:
Or maybe they could say right at the top or in each description that they come assembled and unpainted, like every other tabletop wargame manufacturer does. Most of them also feature shots on unpainted minis and their sprues.

It would save a lot of hassle down the road, especially in shops.
If you check out the French unboxing from about a month ago it seems to show the Core Set figs come in a host of bags, with each fig having "2 to 4 pieces of assembly." So it's not as bad as sprues, but not as good as pre-assembled.

But I agree with you on the point that FFG are really obscuring the 'assembly' portion of the game, and seemingly only showing already-assembled, already pro-painted minis. Although the lack of sprues should at least set some boardgame-centric gamers at ease.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of sprues actually means these are going to be much lower quality than typical tabletop minis. Similar to the Imperial Assault minis, which are...ok for a boardgame.

Most of them look to be one piece molds with the individual base molded on. The bags contain several minis, probably a units base worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
In other words - probably the soft plastic we are used to from FFG rather than the more rigid, but brittle, pro-level stuff.

Very interested to see the mini quality, now. They are charging pro-level mini prices . . . I thought the detail on the minis was fine, though.

I had been an early pre-orderer, looked at all the unplayed minis games on my shelf, all the KS games coming down the pipeline, my Armada minis that get played 1-2 times a year, and decided to wait.

I do wish this mini line success, but it's not going to be very satisfactory to modelers if the plastic is too malleable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Klaxas wrote:
twincast wrote:

i kinda predict the elves and uthuk to be available for gen con. in fact this may even be their big secret they unveil for this year. maybe its just wishful thinking though.

Well just like FFG published those factions rapidly for BL 2nd edition...
Keep hoping, but fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
twincast wrote:

In a critical difference, they didn't actually announce other factions at BattleLore 2E's release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twincast wrote:
koraldon wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
twincast wrote:

In a critical difference, they didn't actually announce other factions at BattleLore 2E's release.

Have they actually provided any details on factions other than what's in the box and some stuff for those two? An actual confirmation, not just "There are tons of factions to explore" sort of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's some photos on the interwebz showing FFG's release plans for this game, which includes lots of units, a second core set (presumably with different factions), and all happening every couple of months. But that's all I've seen. Nothing officially released by FFG about the factions to be released or the specific units in the pipeline. But it looked like they had a plan for at least 18 months or so.

This was for A Song of Ice and Fire, see link below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
There's some photos on the interwebz showing FFG's release plans for this game, which includes lots of units, a second core set (presumably with different factions), and all happening every couple of months. But that's all I've seen. Nothing officially released by FFG about the factions to be released or the specific units in the pipeline. But it looked like they had a plan for at least 18 months or so.
i havent seen anything but speculation on a second core set. where did you see this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
cmontgo2 wrote:
i havent seen anything but speculation on a second core set. where did you see this?

I could be crossing my wires. It might have been for the Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game . . . hang on.

Yes -- it was for A Song of Ice and Fire: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1745880/gama-trade-show...

Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
cmontgo2 wrote:

I could be crossing my wires. It might have been for the Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game . . . hang on.

Yes -- it was for A Song of Ice and Fire: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1745880/gama-trade-show...

Sorry.

thats ok just got my hopes up for a minute. FFG doesnt usually do second core boxes with different factions, i think the best we can hope for is an army starter box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.