9 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Confused about availability dates (UK) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cargo Cultist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have checked online stores and a couple of sites state that they are expecting the game this month, but I also read here that it's out of print and won't be available again for months. I've tried to look at the facebook page but I can't work out which one is true. If it's out in months I'll just try not to think about it until then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Boese
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
"You don't want to wake the dragon, do you?"
badge
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Both is correct. Retail copies didn't arrive in Europe yet, but they should be there soonish.

Most copies are already sold out due to preorders. I wouldn't expect to find any unclaimed retail copies unless you're extremely lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristabelle Du Bast
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail have arived in UK. I spoke with GameQuest on Friday and they were in possession of a single battered copy which was preordered long ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ludoquist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Retail has arrived, been, and gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few threads about this already that you may want to check out

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1736746/uk-retail

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1719207/uk-stock-boardgame-...

plus various ones about pre-orders such as.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1727934/boardgame-guru-unab...

Top and bottom of it is that demand way outstripped supply globally and the few copies that made it to the shops (approx 8% of what they ordered) will lost likely have already been allocated to pre-order customers and so the chances of finding one are very slim. Nothing officially confirmed about when or how long it will take but there will be a reprint at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cargo Cultist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you all. I'll stop obsessing about it then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Retail release in the UK seems to be this upcoming week according to esdevium's release sheet. online stores pre-orders will be gone but you may still have some luck at your FLGS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai Tsekov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't call it "release" - Europe got axed with the allocation - like literally 60-70 games total through two distributors (those are already shipped) and then Esdevium had some more in Friday but they were sold out to preorders (they are shipping them starting Monday), and all three distributors had to do "1 per customer" at the end. So most stores got like 3 tops, and I doubt anyone would have it up for sale on their website as most stores took preorders.

There will be no general release, I got from couple of sources that the game would be available again for GenCon, so earliest we can expect it in Europe is August.

Ofc, you can try asking local stores, there is a chance (albeit low) someone didn't take preorders and will have a free copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
GeniusLoci wrote:
There will be no general release, I got from couple of sources that the game would be available again for GenCon, so earliest we can expect it in Europe is August.
Unless one of your sources was Isaac himself, that's pure speculation, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.