Ryan Skinner
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

Just picked up the TMG copy of Invasion and sorted through all the components, and gave myself a brief overview of each module. Had a couple questions:

The Well - It doesn't appear to be on the list of Place Tiles to use in any of the modules, unless I've completely missed it somewhere. Is this just something to be used in regular, non-expansion games of Orleans?

Reference Card - At least best I can tell it's a reference card. It has all the goods, technology tiles, etc. all listed, with player counts 2 through 5 on the top columns, and values (including a negative number) for each. I thought at first it was how many of each good you play with and/or remove based on player count, but the card's base value for the goods change at each player count which doesn't make sense to me. What is this card/chart referencing? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how much the TMG rulebook differs from the DLP version (which I have) but on page 22 there is a list and description of the various new tiles including the Well. Also, if you look in the 'Files' section of the base game, several pdfs exist that describe all building including the newer ones and newest promos.

Yes, that card is the 'overview card for game setup' so it shows the resources available based on player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Well is used in the Invasion module. It's listed there on page 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Skinner
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
olavf wrote:
The Well is used in the Invasion module. It's listed there on page 6.

Ah, so it does. In the "Additional Components" graphic on that very page it isn't listed which is what I was going by. Down below under Setup it mentions the Well. Thanks!

As for the reference card, it appears that the positive and negative values for each component are two sides of the same information, one being how many pieces to use, while the negative is how many to remove (netting you the positive number). I was trying to subtract the negative number from the positive to get a sum of some kind and it wasn't making sense.

Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuel Matos
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my copy of the Invasion scenario it is incorrectly referenced as the "Fountain" the first time it is mentioned and the "well" all the other times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.