Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heyo!

we just finished the introduction scenario, it says we can keep the knowledge and fame? what does that really mean?

we didn't know too much about this game before we got it and it doesn't seem like you keep your advanced actions n stuff between rounds? do we start fresh between each scenario? we're guessing we're only keeping the fame and reputation, all spells, artifacts and wounds goes back into their respective deck, and skill tokens go back into their pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
heyo!
Ahoy, IKEAland!

nelag_macdahmer wrote:
we just finished the introduction scenario, it says we can keep the knowledge and fame? what does that really mean?
It's just thematic flavor. You don't get to keep anything, you start at square one every time.

Nevertheless, please note that there is an official "Start at a higher level" variant, described in Mage Knight Board Game: Shades of Tezla Expansion. No expansion components are needed. Note that if you do start at a higher level (say, level 3), the scenario is going to be easier and you might have to make slight adjustments to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
heyo!

Where exactly does it say this? I cannot seem to find that in the rules.

As far as I understand it, every scenario is completely separate and you keep nothing between games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
heyo!

Where exactly does it say this? I cannot seem to find that in the rules.

As far as I understand it, every scenario is completely separate and you keep nothing between games.

page 1 on the game walkthrough.

"Any treasure, knowledge or fame you gather during this quest is yours to keep"

if we reset everything between each scenario, can you get to the highest levels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nelag_macdahmer wrote:
"Any treasure, knowledge or fame you gather during this quest is yours to keep"
That, is the thematic flavor.

nelag_macdahmer wrote:
if we reset everything between each scenario, can you get to the highest levels?
You bet. Especially in the longer (6 rounds) scenarios with high level cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Umeå
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheers guys, very helpful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.