Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, after a solo play and a competitive game with 3 players and after watching some different videos on youtube and reading a lot of posts here, i have still some confusing questions:

1. When i move the Excavation machine, and i move it to the closest position that has the same distance as others, it can happen (because of an event where you have to remove some parts), that there are only empty spaces around. Do you have to spend ressources for this action to move over empty spaces to reach new spaces with ressources? Or are you allowed to "jump" over the empty spaces until your reach new spot with ressources on it?

2. Building action. Somehwere it says, you have to choose 1 of these actions, in another video the guy explains you can activate all 3 actions with just one marker by spending 3 time and 3 times all ressources. What is correct?

3. Using the Landing Pod to get supply markers, we have played that you can use the left action to research, the middle action you have to choose between possibility 1 or 2 and you can use action 3 to activate commission cards. On one video i have seen, that the guy used both of the middle actions to receive 3 supply markers. Is this really possible?

And another question regarding the hoarding in competitive.

4. We had one player hoarding all the food markers at his very first round in cycle 3. He stored them until the last round and he spent them as the last player, so that nobody had any possibilty to get any food. Is this a point that is really meant to be like that in the game? This made all other guys really angry, but it was tactic, to push the other back behind. And there is no where mentiond, that you can get more food as there is in the bank or that he is forced to spent them.

Regarding this hoarding, i think for competitive mode it could be usefull to have the double ammount of ressources. What do you guys think?

Would be great if one official from RedImp could answer these questions, to be on the safe side, that it is really true.

Kind Regards

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agoston Rozvanyi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ad 2. "A player placing an action marker in a building, which allows for performing several different actions, may decide to perform a few actions, bearing their costs." (p 13.)
So yes, you can build 3 building with one action, spending 3 TU and required resources.

ad 3. You can use any field to any action: see example on p 13.: "The blue player decided to use all their time available in a turn for an action in the Landing pod. The research action on the selected tile cost 2 units of time and the taking 1 supplies marker action an additional 1 unit of time. This way the player performed two different actions with one marker in the same building. The player gathered 8 credits and 1 supplies marker."

ad. 4. I think it could be a winning strategy to starving other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Guszty wrote:
ad 2. "A player placing an action marker in a building, which allows for performing several different actions, may decide to perform a few actions, bearing their costs." (p 13.)
So yes, you can build 3 building with one action, spending 3 TU and required resources.

ad 3. You can use any field to any action: see example on p 13.: "The blue player decided to use all their time available in a turn for an action in the Landing pod. The research action on the selected tile cost 2 units of time and the taking 1 supplies marker action an additional 1 unit of time. This way the player performed two different actions with one marker in the same building. The player gathered 8 credits and 1 supplies marker."

ad.4 - according to the FAQ/Errata sheet, Question 6 - Are the resources in the game limited? Answer - Yes, the resources are limited...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Necroblade wrote:
Hey guys, after a solo play and a competitive game with 3 players and after watching some different videos on youtube and reading a lot of posts here, i have still some confusing questions:

1. When i move the Excavation machine, and i move it to the closest position that has the same distance as others, it can happen (because of an event where you have to remove some parts), that there are only empty spaces around. Do you have to spend ressources for this action to move over empty spaces to reach new spaces with ressources? Or are you allowed to "jump" over the empty spaces until your reach new spot with ressources on it?

2. Building action. Somehwere it says, you have to choose 1 of these actions, in another video the guy explains you can activate all 3 actions with just one marker by spending 3 time and 3 times all ressources. What is correct?

3. Using the Landing Pod to get supply markers, we have played that you can use the left action to research, the middle action you have to choose between possibility 1 or 2 and you can use action 3 to activate commission cards. On one video i have seen, that the guy used both of the middle actions to receive 3 supply markers. Is this really possible?

4. We had one player hoarding all the food markers at his very first round in cycle 3. He stored them until the last round and he spent them as the last player, so that nobody had any possibilty to get any food. Is this a point that is really meant to be like that in the game? This made all other guys really angry, but it was tactic, to push the other back behind. And there is no where mentiond, that you can get more food as there is in the bank or that he is forced to spent them.

Regarding this hoarding, i think for competitive mode it could be usefull to have the double ammount of ressources. What do you guys think?

Would be great if one official from RedImp could answer these questions, to be on the safe side, that it is really true.

Kind Regards

Martin

Martin,

Agoston and Justin provided very good answers. While I've not played (nor intend to play) the competitive mode, I'll stick to the first three questions.

1. The rules on this do require greater clarity, but I would offer the following: you may not move across empty hexes, and may only move left or right and down, subject to Event cards.

2. Yes, you may move one astronaut to this location and perform multiple actions, paying the resource and Time unit costs.

3. Yes, you may place your Astronaut on any open space and perform any number of actions, remaining mindful of Time unit expenditure.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgrg1 wrote:
Guszty wrote:

ad.4 - according to the FAQ/Errata sheet, Question 6 - Are the resources in the game limited? Answer - Yes, the resources are limited...

But 8 food for 4 players while maybe everybody would have to feed 3 food in the last rounds because of 4 colonists?

Our playgroup loves competitive play, but to block ressources completly for other players is really hard. Most of the guys donĀ“t like that. But maybe it must be that hard.... *hehe* We will do some other competitive games to try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guszty wrote:

Hey Agoston,

thanks for your answer. But maybe a little misunderstanding...

ad.3: I know you can perfrom the 3 different actions at the same time. Here is a sample - depending on 3 times available:

1 Time - Research
1 Time - 1 piece of supply
1 Time - Mission Execution

But am i allowed to use both supply markers with 1 action marker as well?
Sample with 3 times again:

2 Times - 2 pieces of supply
= Total of 3 supply markers with 1 action marker

I have seen this in a youtube video explaing the rules and i think thats wrong!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
Necroblade wrote:

Kind Regards

Martin

Martin,

Agoston and Justin provided very good answers. While I've not played (nor intend to play) the competitive mode, I'll stick to the first three questions.

1. The rules on this do require greater clarity, but I would offer the following: you may not move across empty hexes, and may only move left or right and down, subject to Event cards.

2. Yes, you may move one astronaut to this location and perform multiple actions, paying the resource and Time unit costs.

3. Yes, you may place your Astronaut on any open space and perform any number of actions, remaining mindful of Time unit expenditure.

Cheers,
Joe

Hey Joe,

thanks for your answer. Still one question regarding Point 3:

Am i allowed to use both supply markers with 1 action marker as well?
Sample with 3 times available:

2 Times - 2 pieces of supply
= Total of 3 supply markers with 1 action marker

I have seen this in a youtube video explaing the rules and i think thats maybe wrong!?

Regarding the excavation - thanks, we will try in the next game.

Beside that - everybody loved the game. Difficult in the beginning but very good.

Kind Regards

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agoston Rozvanyi
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, you have right, I misunderstood your question.
I think you can't use twice supply markers action field, because there are just three different action fields at Landing Pod according to rules:
Action 1: Research
Action 2: Supplies
Action 3: Mission Execution
So if you use action field for 1 supply and then for 2 supply, you use same action field twice, which is prohibited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. Lets see if Joe would confirm it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin,

I concur with Agoston, while it wouldn't disrupt anything, it seems to run counter to the logic of the Landing Pad.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Rieck
Germany
Rheinberg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks for sorting this out.

Just played a solo mission (the underground colony) with the "new" movement rules for the Excavation machine and it worked very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin,

That's great to hear...look forward to a Session Report!

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.