B Dent
Canada
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded a picture of a promo card for a game earlier. And it's been rejected as being 100% incorrect content. This is a clear case of the people moderating the images not knowing the game and blocking legitimate content. I am seriously not liking this image moderation scheme.

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this, but I can't figure out where I am supposed to post it.

Overall I'm finding the process of submitting missing content to BGG such a hassle I might just give up and stop contributing. I fully understand moderating the creation of versions, editions, and so forth. But the image moderation is creating a chicken and the egg scenario.

Sometimes my submission for a version gets put on hold for lack of images. And my images get deleted because I cannot get them linked to the version before someone who doesn't know the game incorrectly swats them. There needs to be a way to link the two together before either get declined so that the moderators can see the whole submission including the images and make a more informed determination.

Thanks in advance for listening. BGG has a lot of great features. But this one needs a bit of massaging.

[This was initially posted in the BGG Community Thread, but I moved it here as this seems a better fit.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are you aware of the dangers foxes pose to you and
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
What was the promo card and where did you submit it? If you're talking about submitting it to a base game entry, that's not where promo cards should have their version entries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo cards are either expansions (if they have unique rules - or change the gameplay someway), or accessories (if they don't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from BGG General to BGG Help and Hot-To.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Huskvarna
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuma133 wrote:
Sometimes my submission for a version gets put on hold for lack of images. And my images get deleted because I cannot get them linked to the version before someone who doesn't know the game incorrectly swats them.

Write a good caption. There is also Mod Note that you can give to the moderator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.