Subject: Gamemats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,
does anybody own the neopren (mousepad) gamemats?
http://www.plateauxdejeux.com/tapis-officiels-editeurs/conan...
I heard the detail of the print is not as good compared to the originals.

Our Mare Nostrum megamap already survived a full glass of beer, and was dry and ready to play 15 minutes later So I am considering buying the conan mats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
They look okay, but it also looks like the graphics are not as hi-rez as the game boards.

What I would rather have is a game mat to replace the character cards. Moving those gems around in the tiny boxes is a pain! How about a neoprene mat with bigger Action boxes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Leloup
msg tools
No bigger action box on this, but it sure help avoiding the gems moving to another box:
http://www.customeeple.com/product/conan-compatible-acrilyc-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ellou wrote:
No bigger action box on this, but it sure help avoiding the gems moving to another box:

Anyone tried them? They look like a neat solution to table jogging / clumsy
hand sweeps, but the shipping is brutal outside of Europe, so I'm keen for feedback before considering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ellou wrote:

Too pricey for me, but looks like a great option for a lot of people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izzy Marsh
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The price is very good (11.95 for four mats) and they have used 3mm plastic, which would be the ideal thickness.

As mentioned on another thread, I had some trial ones made myself when I got the game which are identical other than the depth of the plastic. The guys in the router room only had 5mm thick acrylic spare and they proved cumbersome when moving the crystals around. Certainly kept everything in place though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah I misread that. I thought it was for just one. Definitely worth checking out in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Looks nice, and 5€ per tray (incl. shipping) is not much.
Pity the lasercutter I pledged on KS cannot cut clear acryl so I could make those myself for other games too.

But we are a bit of topic Anybody else got the gamemats and maye can show thomse closeups to compare resolution and quality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Finn
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
Sunken warplane
mbmbmbmbmb
ellou wrote:

Laurent, thanks to your tip I just bought these. You get a set of 4 for $30(USA), and that includes shipping from England to USA. I'm slightly uncertain whether the plexi-holders actually hold the character cards (by sliding them into a slot?) or do they just sit on top of the card? If the latter then they won't be as effective at preventing gem-dislocation. I'm guessing the character cards must slide into a slot to keep them from slipping. If not, I might have just blown $30! yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're overlays, so they're placed on top of the character card. I think it should be fine, though. If you're worried it will slide, they also sell these : http://www.customeeple.com/product/conan-compatible-acrylic-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
I've ordered a set of the trays and overlays - shipping was VERY expensive to Canada, but what's done is done. Thanks for pointing them out to me here. I will provide feedback when they arrive, but again, to point out, the shipping was very high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Baker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
The acrylic overlays are a nice thickness BUT the cut outs are actually holes in the acrylic so there is no protection...beer will flow. They just lay on top of the character card, they're not a sleeve. Mine were shipped in an envelope and arrived with one cracked and two snapped in half lengthways....they've refunded my money. They were very nice about it and said they are now shipping in actual boxes. I want to find an overlay which encases and protects the ards......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gringe Commander
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
To protect against beer and other drinks, I would laminate the cards.
As soon as I got my lasercutter, I will test making overlays from 2mm mdf or other material. Sadly it will not cut clear acryl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Do
msg tools
Mine arrived today, after a month. They did arrive in a box, but it did not prevent 3 of the 4 from breaking, to my dismay. Some were broken very badly. I've requested replacements.

When I get a proper set, they will definitely enhance my enjoyment of the game as right now it does get annoying when your hand accidentally brushes up against the card and the gems move out of their boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.